Superb Owl 2019

So, I get that Chewy was feeling guilty eating the roast porgs with the live porgs watching him, but isn’t it worse not to eat them? Just throwing them away means they died in vain.

6 Likes

Suppabole!

4 Likes

27 Likes

Chewy for sure acted irresponsible and is a telltale for the many disastrous outcomes when new species are judged by their looks: After the porgs he so irresponsibly took with him in the falcon, just left him once upon hitting earth, they mated with helpless koalas. The results are to be observed in the Gremlins-Saga …

He better had eaten that porg, which was miraculously roasted with a perfectly even crust that makes Chewy the “Francis Malmann” of the Galaxy!

4 Likes

Owlxercises!

3 Likes
4 Likes

porg, v. Jewish Ritual. [ad. Judæo-Spanish porgar, Sp. purgar to cleanse, f. L. purgāre purge v. 1] trans. To make (a slaughtered beast) ceremonially clean by drawing out and removing the sinews and veins (esp. from the hinder quarters: cf. Gen. xxxii. 32). Also absol. Hence ˈporger’, a man whose business is to do this.

1 Like

Looking at the island scenes, I’m reminded it’s actually a pretty poor cover-up. You can see puffins flying around, with normal-size bird wings. The porg have weird, aerodynamically-impossible little penguin wings, that don’t match the puffins in flight at all.

Based on body shape, really they’re space penguins, which inexplicably can fly. (Which is just another point which reinforces my standing assertion that the Star Wars series is actually high fantasy, not sci-fi.)

@Tamsin_Bailey
The only thing that makes me feel weirder than seeing an owl without feathers is the realization that their eyes are basically cylinders, so they can’t move their eyes at all and the only way they can look at anything is by moving their head to point directly at it.

Or the porg naturally cook up incredibly evenly - which doubtless leads to their immediate extinction as word gets out after the end of the movie…

7 Likes
10 Likes

Hee hee.

I might be tempted to actually watch the SuperDuper Bowl if it began with a huge flock of those descending on the field!

5 Likes

QueasyCoarseGar-max-1mb

17 Likes

As an avid football fan and Patriots fan too. YES. I AM THE EXCITE FOR THE SPORTSBALL

oops caps lock?

3 Likes

I want to start a rumor that they just made up Banthas for “A New Hope” to hide all the elephants that kept wandering onto the set in Tunisia.

16 Likes

And based off real puffins.

3 Likes

I’m in.

2 Likes

I can take or leave the sportsball, but I enjoy the cooking. I was planning on making a nice winter stew, baking some bread, and watching in bemusement as my daughter, who knows little about the game but is somehow a huge fan, loses her mind over every reversal.

Sadly, she has abandoned us for greener pastures. Now I’m thinking I’ll have a couple of fingers of scotch and read Tommy Orange’s book There There.

7 Likes

a96d1e3b285cb9073695dee12445586c

4 Likes
7 Likes

[Don Pardo] And now for another installment of “A Few Minutes with the Burrowing Owls”:

8 Likes

Specifically it’s Shakespearean family drama set in a science fantasy space setting.

4 Likes