Superb Owl 2019

Yeah I would make a similar argument about Dune.

4 Likes

tumblr_mu5ms10kCv1sgosfro1_400
Relax :sunglasses:

4 Likes

Being a biologist, I ask myself where the heck all those pics of person-handled owls or even indoor-owls come from.

I am a botanist, so my field work is during broad daylight. But I spent massive amounts of time outdoors, at night, on different continents - and the occasions when I met an owl face to face are quite rare.

Don’t get me wrong, from a meme-POV owls are superb indeed. But I really can’t turn of that nagging knowledge that a lot of the behaviour shown off in many GIFs and vids is just stress reactions… :.(

5 Likes

I don’t GET IT!
Is there a real Superbowl thread here?
What’s the joke
that I’m obviously not
In On??

4 Likes

Those who aren’t into Super Bowls sometimes enjoy Superb Owls instead (see the word joke there?).

BB and its bbs can be a weird, even silly place sometimes, with its own in jokes (usually silly ones). It builds community! Hang around awhile and you’ll catch on to the jokes. We like you!

8 Likes

Hey, that last scene has no porgs. Flag on the play.

2 Likes

Actually, that Star Wars porg video was better than the stinker of a Super Bowl I was subjected to last night. No amount of beer and salty snacks could improve it.

1 Like

So who won the American rugby match? How does it affect the Six Nations table?

4 Likes

They’re the only Colony not to play. Splitters the lot of them.

1 Like

What @milliefink said. :wink:

There are a couple other BBS memes over here:

It’s a little old, but it covers some of the basics.

5 Likes

It appears they do, but they have only been professional for a couple of years.

I thought we could replace Italy with them, it’s not like the US could do any worse.

5 Likes

Not surprising that Italy does fashion better than sport, the whole country is shaped like a high-heeled boot.

1 Like

On the other hand, New Zealand is good at rugby union but looks like a very painful broken leg.

2 Likes

Good-natured ribbing?

There are lots of varied sports in this world, hopefully enough for everyone to get their fix of sportsball excitement and camaraderie, and/or tribal hatred.

The ways football/rugby divided into US, Canadian and Australian rules is interesting anyway. In the US the evolution owes a lot to poured concrete and the alma mater of several US presidents.

2 Likes
1 Like

“Bill Belichick is happy this morning, which is probably unbearable for him.”

OK, that’s pretty funny.

Being a lifelong New Englander, am I supposed to root against my home team because Trump and Kraft/Brady are pals? If you are from Dallas should you root against the Cowboys because Jerry Jones is an ass, or against the Rangers because they were owned by Bush? Doesn’t leave much in the way of sports if you have to do that for every team. I’m sure there are guys on the team who don’t like Trump, and Trump isn’t exactly liked in most of the northeast, including his home town.

1 Like

For better or worse, this is it. The football fans were all watching the game or chatting on other sites anyway.

3 Likes

Since you ask, why not?
Unless the question is rethorical, of course.

I know I’m a little late, but this offering from a local brewery fits:

1 Like

The joke going around:

These teams are playing like they know whoever wins goes to the White House

— Jess Dweck (@TheDweck) February 4, 2019
11 Likes