Supercut of British drivers swearing at other drivers

Roundabouts are awesome. Where everyone knows how they work.

In the US, they’re a fucking deathtrap. Especially the mini ones near me. People drive round them either way, have no idea about right of way, and in some places, the city made the genius decision to put stop signs on some of the roads coming into the roundabout, but not others.

11 Likes

I dunno, man. I had occasion to drive around Wales for a couple of weeks a few years ago, and some of those roundabouts were goddamn nightmares. One in particular had 5 lanes abreast, each spiralling out to a different exit lane. Signage was vague and marks on the road were basically worn off. If you didn’t know going in what lane you were going to have to be in you’d get stuck being pushed off onto a motorway that didn’t have another exit for 12 miles. Total garbage.

4 Likes

Learn to Speak British English: écoute et répète

5 Likes

Loved the vid, also watched it to the end, something wrong with me? Noop, schadenfreude, big time.
Driving weekly trough Belgium. The loud or inner swearing depends of the spouse being with or not with me in the car :wink:

To be honest, most of the time I’m just afraid something or somebody stupid will happen just at front and I can’t do a thing about it.

3 Likes

The spiral ones are the best!

This is the scariest roundabout I know (in Texas).

The restaurant used to sell “I survived the circle” T-shirts.

5 Likes

Just a few blocks from where I work is a roundabout called Buddy Killen Circle. Or, as I like to call it, Pedestrian Killin’ Circle because the geniuses who designed it never stopped to think about the heavy foot traffic in the area.

And to make it even more interesting there are giant nude statues right in the middle of it. I like the statues but I think they should have been put in a place where they’d be less of a distraction.

8 Likes

Calling in from the UK here. I think we need one of these from lots of different countries, for cultural purposes. Someone get on it!

5 Likes

that one is particularly scary.
Waco, TX…lots of bad drivers, and the death circle there didn’t help matters.
Sadly, the restaurant (Elite Circle Grill) you speak of just closed.

1 Like

Those drivers are atrocious. No wonder they get called all those cute names!

4 Likes

I dunno if this is evidence for or against the argument that all drivers should be equipped with fully automatic machine guns.

2 Likes

The Magic Roundabout is surprisingly easy to navigate as it goes. It is in Slough, so you probably don’t want to anyway.
(Edit: deep, Swindon I mean. Anyway they’re both fucking horrible).

6 Likes

Go big or go home.

1 Like

It also seemed that a percentage simply don’t know how to “go with the flow”, they were either going much slower or much faster than the other cars and then getting upset when traffic didn’t meet their expectations.

3 Likes

“Roger that!”

(For variable values of the term “Roger”, I suppose!)

:stuck_out_tongue:

3 Likes

I’ve seen mini ones in Seattle where you are supposed to go the wrong way if there’s nobody else coming and you’re turning left. They actually have signs indicating this! (Maybe because they’re so darn small they can be hard to navigate in a larger vehicle?)

1 Like

Roundabouts are a doddle, just " give way to the right"

Some of the driving was terrible but I enjoyed trying to identify all the accents being used.

:slight_smile:

4 Likes

Six 2 even and out!

Especially from countries which have a better language for swearing than English.

That sounds like a terrible idea - you have to guess whether the other driver has seen you to determine whether to expect them to go the right or wrong way…

3 Likes

I think I recognised one of my favoured roads there (the A38). Fortunately, none of the blue Peugeots were mine.

1 Like