Supercut of every guest star on "The Love Boat" runs 26 minutes

Originally published at: Supercut of every guest star on "The Love Boat" runs 26 minutes | Boing Boing

1 Like

er, @frauenfelder, Didn’t you mean 46 minutes in the headline?

You said 2x speed is 23 minutes, and the tweet is 46 minutes.

1 Like

dean

Courtesy: https://loveboatinsanity.tumblr.com/

13 Likes

I couldn’t even make it through the A’s.

4 Likes

If they have repeat guests that’s gonna be a lot of Bert Convy perms.

The guests were such a crazy mix of D-listers, sitcom bums of the month, TV warhorses, and Golden Age of Hollywood royalty.

11 Likes

It’s shocking how ordinary ‘movie-stars’ looked in those days.
Is it because the human population, having doubled, agents can be pickier with their talent,
is it plastic surgery?

2 Likes

So much here to unpack.

The differences between the Golden Age legends and the has-beens and those that went on to much bigger things and those that never were.

The total pros and those that are clearly there for a paycheck. Interestingly, the pros far outnumber the gritted teeth/let’s get this over with types.

The different approaches to the shot: the smile/laugh (most of them), the no-smile/smile, the pained smile, a couple of spin-arounds, a few that were just clipped from a scene, the sultry posed shots versus hamming it up.

Those, like Dennis Cole, who I only knew from Love Boat as a kid.

Those that were very specific to the 1970s – Charo, The Dallas Cowboy Cheerleaders.

And I wonder what the death ratio is here – over 75% dead?

This was frankly mesmerizing. I couldn’t sit through 46 minutes straight but I got through it chunks and definitely kept it at the normal speed to hear the theme, over and over again.

And to think it was done alphabetically.

3 Likes

This one has my seal of approval

11 Likes

♫ ♪ Too many cooks, toooo many cooks ♪ ♪

4 Likes

3 Likes

The only person who was identified other than by name alone:

4 Likes

Kristy McNichol is this guys red delicious apples.

2 Likes

Eddie Albert
Edward Albert

And I’m done.

I’d forgotten how many of those people i didn’t know, even back then.

4 Likes

Might I suggest to lovers of weird crap like this, the crazy, terrible, unbelievably expensive love boat knockoff, Supertrain?

5 Likes

Not sure why they’re doing this cruise at this particular moment in time but here you go.

1 Like

Father and son!

3 Likes

I love these kind of things. Reminds me of this classic:

2 Likes

I bet most of those actors were on The Love Boat?

3 Likes

I loved Pamela Sue Martin especially that time she was under my dad’s bed in Playboy.

2 Likes

You know, I wouldn’t be the slightest bit surprised if there wasn’t a lot of overlap here. Diahann Carroll, Linda Evans, John Forsythe, Katy Kurtzman, Heather Locklear, Pamela Sue Martin, and Catherine Oxenberg all come to mind.

Probably the most overlap with St Elsewhere - where pretty much any actor alive at the time seemed to star/guest star at one point or another.

4 Likes