Supercut of pop songs that stop when someone says the word "stop"

Originally published at: Supercut of pop songs that stop when someone says the word "stop" | Boing Boing

4 Likes

Holy hell, there’s WAY more of them than I thought. And Brittany has three herself (so far, I’m only three minutes in). And I know a lot of them, surprised I never noticed this trend.

5 Likes

I’m glad they included Electric Six - Improper Dancing, it was the first one that came to my mind

4 Likes

Man I love songs that do this. Personal faves, Belle and Sebastian’s “Like Dylan in the Movies”, TMBG’s “Don’t Let Start” (if it counts), and Olivia Rodrigo’s recent entry into the canon “Bad Idea Right” slaps too. Is there an actual list? Couldn’t find one on the website.

4 Likes

My first thought was El-P’s verse on “Legend Has It” but no way I could make it through 30+ minutes to see if it was included

Every new record’s my dick in a box
We get a doozy, the moola’s a lock
You’re getting used to me doing no wrong
I don’t play chicken, you prick, I’m a fox
You wanna kick it, I’ll give you the rocks
You kiss the wood chipper blade if you bark
I’m fuckin’ magic, in fact I’m a warlock of talk
I got a unicorn horn for a (Stop)

1 Like

I admire the sentiment. But - possibly ungenerously - I feel the cut should come in right when the singer says stop, rather than going on for a couple of seconds.

1 Like

The don’t STOP

Hammer time!

1 Like

That’s my favourite, I’d never heard it before -
"Stop!.. beat… beat… “Continue!”
It draws attention to the fact that it’s just an attention grabbing trick - fantastic!

2 Likes

Definitely a missed opportunity (in my sometimes perverse mind). I’m thinking of “Stop! In the Name of Love”, where it’s the first word.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.