Supercut of Republicans changing what needs to happen for presidential election win

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2020/12/18/supercut-of-republicans-changing-what-needs-to-happen-for-presidential-election-win.html

7 Likes

At first it sounds like a bad version of Calvinball, but then you see it’s really this old game:

41 Likes

The goalposts have been moved so many times that they have long since left the stadium entirely.

28 Likes

“We’re using the Julian calendar like the founders intended, it’s not over!”

24 Likes

Anything to keep the grift going as long as possible.

11 Likes

The only way I see this grift ending is when it is shown to be inevitable that Donald Trump would be incapable of taking part in the January 20, 2025 inaguration. (example, from a prison cell, incapacitated, or from the grave.)

Short of the above scenario, a quick end to the grift is for the US Postal Inspectors to get involved and demand refunds for the grift so far (excluding actual court costs accrued so far), but I don’t see that happening until Biden appoints a new Postmaster General.

5 Likes

IIRC, Biden can’t appoint a new PG. That is done by a board of supervisors kind of thing, which is entirely populated by Trumpian creatures. So, would probably take some time, during which DeJoy will be doing all he can to trash the place.

7 Likes

The Trumpists are in so deep at this point that I wouldn’t be surprised if they find a way to extend Trump’s grift from beyond the grave if someone else is able to successfully assume leadership of the cult. The question is who could be the David Miscavige to Trump’s L. Ron Hubbard.

11 Likes

MovingGoalposts

40 Likes

It would have to be someone who:

1. Is able to think clearly
  2. Considered part of the MAGA in crowd, but is not fully subscribe to their ideals
  3. Has experience with successful grifts in the past.

The only person (so far) that I think would be qualified would be Oliver North as he has experience with fundraising (Iran Contra Scandal) and fund-raiding (NRA.)

I am sure the readership could list other “legally unencumbered” candidates as well.

5 Likes

There’s a market, I suppose.

3 Likes

25 Likes

“Since 1971, the Postmaster General has been selected by the Board of Governors of the United States Postal Service, which is comprised of nine members appointed by the President. The Postmaster General becomes the tenth member of the Board, and the ten members then select a Deputy Postmaster General to be the 11th and final member of the Board.”

So, the president doesn’t appoint the PMG directly, but he does appoint he people voting who is PMG.

5 Likes

There you go. Have to wonder about the technicalities of replacing the board, though.

10 Likes

This, I like very much. Seems like a perfect analogy for the whole thing.

4 Likes

The Daily Show has by far the best video compilations of any of the late night shows.

2 Likes

“Trump did in fact win the election. . . despite the mountains of evidence to the contrary.”

3 Likes

You gotta wonder about the technicalities of everything US gov related these days. Take it with a grain of salt. :wink:

2 Likes

No one can ever ‘prove’ to those who don’t want to believe it that Trump would be incapable of, well, anything. Dead? It’s a hoax. In prison? Political prisoner. Incapacitated? He communicates telepathically with those advanced enough to receive his stable genius emanations.

At this point I think he could marry Don Jr. and livestream their honeymoon and MAGA-hatters wouldn’t even blink.

6 Likes

I think it would need to be more left field (right field?). My bet is the my pillow guy for US dictator.

1 Like