Supermarket workers found $550,000 worth of cocaine in with the bananas

I bet they found 49 lbs.

2 Likes

Came here to check for this and was happy to see it as the first post.
Good work!

9 Likes

Again?

https://www.npr.org/2018/09/23/650921591/a-bunch-of-cocaine-boxes-of-donated-bananas-contained-17-8-million-worth-of-drug

That trick never works.

3 Likes

Some investigations take a long time, others…

4 Likes

Those boxes only look about 2/3rds full, there’s room for quite a few more of those packets in them. I think you could fit nearer 100lbs if it was packed tight.

2 Likes

What gets me about stories like this is why, why would anyone in there right mind report this to the ‘authorities’? The Universe decides that you win the fucking lottery that day and you say no thanks? What the hell???

4 Likes

probably had some bananas around the edges and top to fool the customs inspectors…this time it seemed to work. just seems like them missed the next step for some reason.

2 Likes

Right? It’s like kids these days have never heard of Reverend Horton Heat, so they don’t know what their supposed to do.

6 Likes

Think about the stories that come out all the time about customs confiscation drugs in an attempt to smuggle drugs in.

https://www.npr.org/2019/08/19/752333921/spicy-with-a-twist-nearly-4-tons-of-pot-found-in-jalape-o-shipment

You’d have to imagine that they are getting some through because otherwise they wouldn’t keep trying. So this is just bound to happen at some point. Maybe its easy to lose track of $500K worth of drugs when you are smuggling in billions of dollars worth. They know some are going to get caught at the border. this is just part of the operating cost. however, this is a fuck up and some poor mule that probably didn’t have much of choice to begin with is going to die over this.

5 Likes

I would have no clue what to do with that much coke. i’d wind up dead or in jail, if i tried to sell it.

3 Likes

10 Likes

nice! those crates can also have big spiders.

1 Like

Dammit the cocaine was supposed to come next week, when we have the big sale!

3 Likes

Are we talking about half a million dollars…
… of mashed cocaine?

“This is an ongoing investigation as detectives try to determine where the bananas came from,” the King Country Sheriff posted to Facebook.

I’m no “detective,” but shouldn’t they really be trying to figure out where the cocaine came from?

7 Likes

Could also be that smugglers did not lose the shipment, but rather they were aware that police were already waiting for someone to pick it up and preferred to lose the cocaine rather than being arrested and losing the cocaine.
The Police would not catch it before to avoid disclosing the mole.

Wouldn’t it be more helpful to figure out where it was going? I mean, there are some very disappointed people waiting for that…

3 Likes

What’s with the wooden boxes? Was that presentation coke?

maybe having the product “confiscated by the police” is just the next step in the distribution process

1 Like

Headline correction:

Supermarket workers initially found $573,000 worth of Cocaine…

Also TIL the street price of a pound of blow is only slightly higher than 1 BitCoin.

I suspect a great many people find that very convenient.

2 Likes