Superweapons in the hyperpalatability wars

#19 “His name was Henry, and he would buy two Snickers ice cream bars and one Lemon Chill every single day, no matter what. I remember one time he told me that he buys the Lemon Chill because he thinks it’s important to have a ‘healthy option.’ Honest to God, he really said ‘healthy option.’ He thought it was like a fucking side salad.”

I beg to differ: duck fat frites + fresh curds put on when the frites and just out of the oil and then smothered with hot beef gravy is the only way to go. Om nom nom.

4 Likes

How are we going to have an online poutine-off?

1 Like

That… I am not proud about reading that.

1. Aaron Brockhoff – “Sorry, I’m not entirely comfortable answering that.”
1 Like

LOL - but you read it all didn’t you? :wink:

I’m going to try the maple bacon poutine at McDs and I’ll report back!

Yes, I am an awful person. And I should never be an ice cream vendor cause I wouldn’t be able to keep my mouth shut.

2 Likes

Mouth feel. There is much more texture with a funnel cake. It’s why people multi-fold sliced meats in their sammiches. Or why the brain has contours. IT’S THE SMART THING TO DO.

Honestly, if it can’t be served on a stick, it should not be available at the MN State Fair. That’s just the way it is.

G-d, I love fried spam.

What’s wrong with you? Deep-fried cheese-curds are da bomb.

I still haven’t forgiven my sister for moving from Wisconsin 8 years ago. Totes unfair. Now what excuse do I have to drive 17 hours for a Culver’s Butter Burger and fried curds basket?

Well, the organic mac-n-cheese that I nicked from my son’s lunch was delicious on top of my chipotle black-bean veggie burger I had for lunch. With spicy brown mustard, that fry sauce, again, on two toasted left-over heels of a load of texas toast bread (that my wife used for french toast). And bread-n-butter-pickles.

That our local CT McDonald’s does not have this dish is just as unfair as the continued lack of the McSchwarma.

https://discourse-cdn.global.ssl.fastly.net/boingboing/images/emoji/twitter/crying_cat_face.png

4 Likes

I just… It’s that…
Well just look at it!

It’s a neat pile of worms!!

3 Likes

It’s squamous - not a euclidean angle in the bunch!

1 Like

How did I miss Prime Rib in a Cone!? This is a glorious idea!

Prime Rib in a Cone

Take a normal non perforated small Graham Cone and line the inside with paper thin slices of prime rib, fill 80% of the way with sweet and savory, very finely chopped Cole slaw and pickled jalapeno. Top with Coleman’s Mustard, then add a Scoop of diced BBQed prime rib on top. Add a tablespoon of fresh jus. This will only work if you completely covered the cone on the inside.

Encourage people to bite the end of the cone and suck the jus.

2 Likes

We got a whole Canadian menu right now! Maple Bacon Poutine, McLobster, & Chocolate Nanaimo Bar Sundae, (and there was some chicken thing that was dumb and some beef thing that was dumb). And it ends on Tuesday so I gotta get it NOW! :wink:

Eeeeeh, I’d eat that.

Au contraire, it’s a writhing clump.

1 Like

I’m originally a Quebecker, now living across the Ottawa River in Ontario. Wisconsin ain’t the only dairy state (or province) around - Quebec and Eastern Ontario been keeping Canada in dairy products for a very long time. Fresh curds are a snack by themselves here. They’re tasty and they’ve a much better mouth feel than anything deep-fried that I’ve ever had - if they squeak when you bite 'em, they’re good to go.

If you need to deep-fry your curds, they’ve bombed for sure.

The presentation is pretty close to what you’d get for takeout at a Resto Lafleur in Montreal. The cheese will be softened by the gravy. It will not be like the gloop in the following picture.

More likely to find said creature on the other side of the border, I think. We may have invented poutine, but we do have some standards…

5 Likes

I may be a heathen, but sometimes heathenism is delicious.

Fresh cheese curds are not hard to come by, but good deep-fried ones are.

Team Squeaky Curds, represent!

1 Like

With that slight amendment, I quite agree. It’s a good argument for not deep-frying them.

1 Like

Aren’t you contradicting yourself here?

I mean, I haven’t been to a ball game at a major stadium in decades, but it can’t have changed that much.

2 Likes