Supreme Court gives Trump nine days to respond

Originally published at: Supreme Court gives Trump nine days to respond

6 Likes

ha ha simpsons GIF

9 Likes

Justice delayed is justice denied.

Motherfucker.

23 Likes

I mean lets say he does have presidential immunity. Then what would keep our current POTUS from just declaring himself president for life? and doing whatever he needs to enforce it. I mean I don’t think trump’s legal team has thought this through.

25 Likes

My favourite response so far was the idea that Jimmy Carter should exploit said immunity and just shoot Trump.

33 Likes

Carter would keep it old school and personal:

25 Likes

Game Show Dancing GIF by Muppet Wiki

6 Likes

Thomas and Alito will support immunity, of course. If Alito 's disingenuous opinion can give them cover, some or all of Biff’s appointee will pay back the favour he did them. But unless Alito can make a convincing case that it’s good for corporate America, Roberts isn’t going to embarrass himself.

16 Likes

I dunno, as bad as both Kavannaugh and Barrett have been in general, there have been several times where they ruled against Trump already… :woman_shrugging:

18 Likes

I hope you’re right, but this is desperation time for von Clownstick and his henchmen. If they’re going to make their big ask of the appointees, this case will be the one.

14 Likes

Oh, don’t get me wrong, I’m concerned about it too and it could happen… but the fact that Barrett and Kavannaugh has not been blind lackeys is encouraging.

We’ll see!

Pop Tv GIF by Schitt's Creek

19 Likes

Perhaps B’s and K’s controllers are not A’s and T’s controllers. :wink:

7 Likes

The reality is Trump’s not doing so hot health wise. They’re even setting up a “doesn’t he look tired” attack on him on the right. (Course, they say that about Biden too, but whatever.) Kavanaugh and Barrett are in for life. They’re set. They got theres. Theres no favor that they have to offer back to Trump if they don’t want to. Trump’s going to be dead in 20 years or less. So too are likely Alito and Thomas. Barrett, Gorsuch, and Kavanaugh could likely care less about the asshole and more about their legacy, which will likely not look kindly on how they got into the seat but may look better in 30-40 years for them.

7 Likes

Alas, the language is right there in the constitution. And it isn’t even as ambiguous as the second amendment. This immunity of which he dreams was an idle fantasy of Richard Nixon, and he had the class to resign.

15 Likes

Well, that’s a surprise. Didn’t expect the SCOTUS to act this quickly.
It will be interesting to see how they vote.

Blah, blah, blah.
Ten bucks says this drivel was written by Lord Dampnut himself, and not by one of his lackeys.

You say that like it’s a bad thing.

You aren’t the fuckin President, jackass! And Justice would be something like this:
So, let’s have some Justice!

10 Likes

giphy

9 Likes

Trump may have appointed some of them, but every dollar and every other step of the way, including positioning by prior appointments, was from Federalist Society and friends.

Also, they want the rule of (their) law, but Trump wants rule of Trump. When the regime of Hair Hitler starts, who needs them?

11 Likes

Alito and Thomas want fuckface von clownstick back as president so they can retire. Then Thomas can ride off into the sunset in his golden Winnebago.

5 Likes

Except he wasn’t president when he committed the offences…? :man_shrugging:

This case is about Trump’s actions leading up to January 6, 2021, when he was still president.

9 Likes