Supreme Court overturns Roe v. Wade

I’ve actually looked into renouncing my citizenship, when I was younger. The problem is that if you don’t have dual citizenship then you leave yourself stateless, which leaves you in limbo regarding your rights.

It’s probably not a problem for Billie Joe Armstrong, but it is a very bad idea for anyone who isn’t rich. Declaring myself stateless in Britain right now would be a incredibly stupid move, Priti Patel and Boris Johnson would be trying to fly me to Rwanda as soon as they could.

15 Likes

Maybe it’s for pepper spray. Capsaicin isn’t water soluble.

10 Likes

I got myself Japanese citizenship in preparation for the possibility that Trump might win in 2020. Right now, I feel that I should hold onto my US citizenship at least for the next two election cycles (though my residency in Kansas may not make a huge difference). I am prepared to renounce my citizenship if I have to (Japan technically requires it, but the enforcement is kind of lax), but I understand that there are quite a few hoops to jump through. I have gotten current on my taxes just in case.

6 Likes

His book has a section called “If a man could get pregnant,” where he put it this way: “If a man screwed up for one minute and as a result he swelled up for nine months, developed hemorrhoids, swollen breasts, varicose veins, threw up for two or three months, and then went through 12 to 16 hours of severe cramps followed by the passage of something about the size of a bowling ball through his rectum, how do you think a man would react?” Especially if this discomfort would be followed by “an obligation to raise another human being for 18 years… and to have all this happen when it was against his will. Do you really believe a man would take that?”

17 Likes
13 Likes

Most countries don’t allow you to renounce if that makes you stateless, but I think the USA didn’t ratify that treaty.

3 Likes

Not a full confirmation in any sense but if it is true, gen z ain’t fucking around (nothing in the screencaps contains actual info).

In my many years of being part of the vocaloid community and seeing how pro lgbt they are, i’m not shocked by this whatsoever :rofl:

I think it might be this figurine haha

Also in social media news

10 Likes

:thinking: Right… just so I have it straight here… posts organizing a fascist coup are OK,
but posts for abortion pills are not… got it. /s

14 Likes

The only person the credit card thing hurts is the vendor, who has to provide a refund and spend labor time dealing with it. The credit card user won’t even notice, except for having to replace the cards.

1 Like

Yes but their ip addresses supposedly got leaked too. The validity of that story is also under question.

6 Likes

I’m mixed about this one. I don’t think any prescription drugs or even if they were non prescription should be sold or offered over social media. Unless there is a way too verify the pills are legitimate it seems like a risk.

I’m not familiar if other drugs are sold or offered on social media, if they are then they should allow this as well.

But it also points to the desperation this court decision is creating. It’s going to create a whole black market where people are likely to take advantage of that desperation.

These so called pro life and or Christian aholes are doing more damage to life that they claim they want to protect and they don’t care.

1 Like
12 Likes

And now this…

Many American women in recent days have deleted period tracking apps from their cellphones, amid fears the data collected by the apps could be used against them in future criminal cases in states where abortion has become illegal.

But there is some positive news in there (and as a general comment, I wish so many more apps had this data storage model!)

Planned Parenthood encourages people to use their app Spot On. “People who want to track their periods and birth control always have the option to remain anonymous by using the Spot On app without creating an account,” the organization said in a statement. “This way, period or birth control data is only saved locally to a person’s phone and can be deleted at any time by deleting the app.”

Third-party apps are not the only option when it comes to period trackers. Apple has a built-in cycle tracker in its Health app that offers more privacy than most external apps. With just a few steps, one can turn off the storing of their health data in iCloud, and it also has the option to store the encrypted data on their computer or phone.

Evan Greer, deputy director of the non-profit advocacy group Fight for the Future, said the best way to protect sensitive health data was to only use apps that store data locally rather than in the cloud. “Because any app where a company [that could receive a subpoena] has access to their users’ data could make it vulnerable for a legal request.”

11 Likes

Starting this week I downloaded a period/pregnancy tracking app (My Calendar) and have begun entering fake data. I’ve encouraged my other male friends to do the same. So whoever is tracking this can go suck it.

23 Likes

Good for you.

Fuck the algorithm up as much as possible

18 Likes

With auto bill pay, changing cards is a huge hassle. My guess is that SCOTUS justices are tok busy to pay their bills but not wealthy enough to have staff do it for them.

7 Likes

Oh, that is some clever shit.
Feckin’ well done.

5 Likes

I admire the mischievous intent … but fucking up the algorithm for women who DO want to track their periods is perhaps not the best thing. And isn’t the issue that an individual’s period tracking data is at risk of being obtained by law enforcement if they have an individual in their crosshairs for breaking one of these states’ fucked-up laws?

3 Likes

Yes. And if law enforcement comes to believe that looking at individuals’ data is a waste of time because there are fakes in there, then the mission is accomplished.

I guess I’m not clear on how what I’m doing would screw things up for other women. Happy to be told this is a bad idea.

5 Likes

They’d only be looking at an individual’s data if they were already “on” to her - under interview, arrested or charged, and looking for confirmatory evidence. They are not going to be trawling app data to find suspects. They’ll be asking for a named person’s data. So other fake profiles won’t impact that, as far as I can see. (Happy to be told otherwise.)

1 Like