Supreme Court rejects MAGA teen's defamation lawsuit

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2024/03/25/supreme-court-rejects-maga-teens-defamation-lawsuit.html

13 Likes

Episode 2 Whatever GIF

26 Likes

The appeals may be over, but I’m confident that the smirking little turd still has a lifetime of failure ahead of him.

56 Likes

Give me a break; most people across the country never would have been able to recall that kid’s name or face in 2019, let alone today.

If he’s let that incident define his life to the point where he thinks it would take $1.25 Billion to make things right then he’s the one who needs to move on, not the rest of the country.

46 Likes

Will he be on a payment plan for court costs and attorney fees?

23 Likes

Yeah, I remember the incident, but I couldn’t have told you either person’s name without reading this story. And I will forget the kid’s name by tomorrow. He is screwing his future job options, though, by keeping this story in the news. Every time he applies for a job, all of this is going to show up when they Google his name. If he’d just apologized at the time and gone on with his life, a story might still pop up on a Google search, but it would be old and would show an apology and that would be the end of the story.

35 Likes

If he’s a social pariah now, that’s his own fucking fault.

33 Likes

Boy, I had forgotten all about the smirking little shit and the stories that came out after the video “went viral” that affirmed that his fascist group’s little anti-abortion field trip involved harassing women and people of color. Glad he’s making sure we all remember him.

38 Likes

I’m sure employers would love to hire an arsehole who is literally willing to appeal a perceived petty slight against himself all the way to the Supreme Court.

His daddy will probably have to get him a job, and even then he’ll probably have to sign a particularly onerous indemnification agreement as a condition of employment.

19 Likes

Exactly. While I believe that an idiot teenager should have an opportunity to grow into a better person without being forever defined by the worst thing they ever did, it’s clear that this now-21-year-old isn’t interested.

Double-down on stupid games, win doubly-stupid prizes.

22 Likes

homer simpson episode 10 GIF

27 Likes

The lawsuit basically just functions to affirm, “Yes, I’m still an arsehole!”

21 Likes

Is that what the kids are calling a “shit eating grin” these days?

16 Likes

I’m sure there is a lucrative gig on the MAGA Qnut speaking circuit waiting for him.

13 Likes

He could just as well have erased this incident by issuing a public apology. You can see that a lot with “cancel culture” incidents – someone famous say uses a slur, but they say they shouldn’t have, and the public might roll their eyes but generally gives them a chance to do better. So obviously he’s less worried about his reputation than his right to be a smarmy racist dick without consequence.

18 Likes

I’m sure the GOP will scoop him up as an intern…

17 Likes

How can we miss him if he won’t go away?

23 Likes

Oh, I had all but forgotten that shit-eating little face.

16 Likes

Right?

My reaction upon seeing which insufferable MAGA teen asshole it was this time:

I’m glad he lost his appeal; hope the lawyer overcharged him.

19 Likes

My! Aren’t we special!

That ‘fuck your feelings’ crowd sure does get butthurt easily.

Well, kid, I hope your job at the Burger Doodle covers the note on that pickup truck you bought in anticipation of a big payday.*

Your fifteen minutes were up a long time ago.
Now go away.

*I don’t know if he actually did such a thing, but wouldn’t be surprised if he did.

10 Likes