Surprise! Study shows Ivermectin makes suffering from COVID worse

As far as I’m concerned, the only ideological dispute going on is between the pro-virus and anti-virus camps.

16 Likes

Fuck them and the horse they rode in on.

Our job isn’t to try and convince the duplicitous and ill intentioned like Qnuts. That’s a waste of time and playing their game. They’ll just move goal posts and switch topics, then come right back to it.

Stop blaming the victims. Start holding the responsible responsible.

33 Likes

If only you tried to understand their feelings better.

Maybe went to a rural diner and visited real people. You know- not people like you and me -who are defacto illegitimate people that can just be ignored.

29 Likes
18 Likes

As I said in response to someone else imploring us to engage with Real Americans™ from the Heartland who follow Rogan:

He plays a credulous meathead who entertains the opinions of bigots and quacks; the audience from whom he makes his money are credulous meatheads. Attempting to have a meaningful conversation with them would be a waste of my time.

I am speaking for myself, though I’m sure others here would take the same view. There’s just not much non-entertainment value to be gained by trying to change the mind of an adult so hobbled by stupidity, ignorance, and/or a severe lack of critical-thinking skills. Sometimes they just have to learn things the hard way, as many of them have over the past couple of years.

22 Likes

We were preparing for survival. Then Trump threw away Obama’s pandemic plan, leaving us wide open. But by all means, let’s avoid blaming the people who elected him, supported him, and are currently directly responsible for the burning-out medical workers you mentioned and the prolonging of the pandemic. Let’s ignore them and work and struggle and suffer, giving our all to replace what they’ve destroyed, only for them to tear it all down again in a few years. Because holding terrible people accountable for their actions is definitely something the world needs less of.

30 Likes

Bullshit. The people to blame for DELIBERATE MISINFORMATION and avoidance of basic health precautions need to be identified, shamed, minimized, punished and removed from the mainstream discussion of the subject.

It is the only way we are to handle it in an effective manner.

Halloween GIF

26 Likes

I think that should read …“developed a shocking case of diarrhea”

2 Likes

It just absolutely amazes me that there are still people who think “ignore them and do positive stuff” is still a viable option. We would LOVE to ignore them, but they are the people who are holding us back on every kind of progress. It doesn’t matter what it is- disease control, civil rights, the environment, fair wages, universal health care, sane gun policy- on every fucking issue that actually matters it’s essentially the same group of assholes fighting tooth and nail to prevent civilization from moving forward, and to drag it backward if they can. They have very deliberately made themselves impossible to ignore and we can no longer just work around them. They need to be addressed, and yet there are still people who think even blaming them for the problems they’ve created is just unimaginable, let alone ostracizing them.

34 Likes

Bernie Sanders Democrat GIF by Univision Noticias

24 Likes
11 Likes

you can lede a horse to water, but you have to read the whole article to find out if it drank any

25 Likes

you give people a lot of credit. at this point i assume they are knowingly acting in bad faith; trying to weaponize empathy

18 Likes

My favoritest exchange on House:

Patient: I don’t wanna hear semantics!
House: You anti-semantic bastard!

The phrase ‘virtue signalling’ needs to be taken to the vet and put out of our misery.

Can’t resist trotting out this one again re: the topic at hand:

24 Likes

That’s funny…especially because the group of anti-vax doctors promoting ivermectin were also promoting a couple anti-androgens as well.

20 Likes

Stop typing. That usually fixes it.

22 Likes

he used to literally get hit in the head for a living

15 Likes
14 Likes

Sometimes you have to make sacrifices to own the libs.

28 Likes

Yes, because all we need is more doctors to send over the top, bayonets fixed, while the malicious and the stupid machine-gun them in the back. How many of you know someone you can help become a member of congress, a lawyer, a judge? That’s where the battle is being fought.

No, it’s who is good and who is evil, and that’s been settled for years now.

I’m kind of busy right now. Go home, close the airlock. We’ll call you.

19 Likes