Suspect arrested after Target bathroom explosion

As alluded to above - the “bomb” was in a plastic bottle, contained no shrapnel.

There is an ridiculously unsafe and explosion-prone method of manufacturing small quantities of meth in a plastic bottle, from chemicals that are available for sale in places like Target stores. To avoid setting off shoplifting alarms on leaving the store, someone probably just took the chemicals into the bathroom to manufacture a tiny amount of meth there.

The most recent report from the Evanston Police twitter account doesn’t mention anything about meth. Can you clarify your source?

It sounds like a “chlorine” bomb fortunately. If so the risk of lasting harm was minimal. Still, I’m not comfortable relying on terrorists to be incompetent and/or less than completely serious.

2 Likes

I’m just speculating - what might cause a small explosion, specifically in a plastic bottle, in the bathroom of a department store. I could be totally wrong about the cause.

As far as the method

If the Oregon refuge standoff was any indication, my money is on the first Y’all-quaeda cell being closer to Four Lions than, say, a faction of Golden Dawn.

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.