Suspected slingshot shooter, 81, arrested after decade-long hunt

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2024/05/27/suspected-slingshot-shooter-81-arrested-after-decade-long-hunt.html

9 Likes

I’d have a lot of complexes too if I’d been saddled with the name Prince King.

28 Likes

Did the decrepit delinquent also operate in Anaheim and Cucamonga?

10 Likes

Everyone is asking the same question:

36 Likes

or…

(assolar laser sighted tactical slingshot -sigh-)

18 Likes

I guess that the answer in attacker’s mind was…

42 Likes

The most respectful groan at this rebus.

15 Likes

hmm… that is interesting. that could help me with the out-of-control street chicken population.
also, the name - assolar? say that out loud. :person_shrugging:t2:

13 Likes

Makes me think of a vintage New Yorker cartoon with two circus elephants:
“There’s a character in this town I’d like to catch up with — a snub-nosed, freckle-faced, barefooted little upstart in blue denims, goddamn handy with a slingshot. I guess he’d be about sixty now.”

19 Likes

I’m surprised they were able to get the paperwork for an extradition

15 Likes

Re: the same age as the Zodiac killer might be…well, this slingshot destructiveness performed over time like this is consistent sociopathic behavior. Just at a much lower level of destruction.

7 Likes

I guess exposure to the rebellious music of the 60’s lead to octogenarian, rather than juvenile delinquency. as was warned at the time. /s

14 Likes

Waiting for Drumpf to reprise his “knives knives knives” performance with “slingshots slingshots slingshots”.

4 Likes

“The Azusa Police Department launched an investigation after learning of the “quality of life issue” afflicting residents”

It sounds like The Law was really on the ball for this one…

3 Likes

As much as I’m enjoying the funny parts, I really hope the police have something resembling actual evidence. Ball bearings? Really? How did they eliminate all the mechanics in the Azusa area from the suspect list? (They undoubtedly have access to elastic material or even air compressors! What if the criminal was really clever and was using a pneumatic delivery system instead of a slingshot?!?)

4 Likes

You have a point, but “Senior With A Slingshot On The Only Street Where This Regularly Happens” is compelling circumstantial evidence.

12 Likes

Especially if that senior’s home turns out to be the only one on the block that never had its windows shot out.

3 Likes

Oh, that’s such a rookie mistake…

Plausible deniability is where it’s at.

4 Likes

81-year-old ‘serial slingshot shooter’ dies after being released from jail

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.