Swallow this vibrator to relieve constipation

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2018/10/08/swallow-this-vibrator-to-relie.html

5 Likes

Thanks, but I’ll just stick with Mexican jumping beans.

12 Likes

Is the capsule disposable, or does it have to be retrieved every time?

12 Likes

That’s an interesting point. My yucky alarms are going off…

8 Likes

unfortunately the only place i’ve seen those sold is toys r us, so i guess we’ll all be constipated forever now

4 Likes

I’d try Miralax or the like first.

4 Likes

Have you considered antimony?

10 Likes

I do not understand the appeal of this sex toy.

18 Likes

So it’s an everlasting gob unstopper?

22 Likes

This is intended for people with IBSC or a similar condition, not for people with run-of-the-mill throughput issues.

Chronic constipation is a thing, and as I understand it, can make life really unpleasant. If it works, a non-pharmacologic intervention would be very welcome to those afflicted.

It’s hard to tell from the company’s website if this is a going concern. They completed a safety study in 2014, but posted no results to clinicaltrials.gov. They appear to be recruiting for a second trial now if anyone out there wants to try it out.

https://clinicaltrials.gov/ct2/show/NCT03031301

This write-up would make me think twice though:

“Overall, there did not appear to be any significant difference between active … and sham … over the 8-week period of the study,” Quigley said.

5 Likes

12 Likes

“Disposable” as in, “able to enter the water supply system?” No thanks!

5 Likes

12 Likes

How good is their security? This could be a memorable entry in the annals of IoS.

22 Likes

I try to avoid taking anything, but opiods combined with a cheese binge means some help is prudent…

I, uh, will stick to the less fuss generic Mirilax. Thanks for the suggestion, though. I will just file that away for later…

3 Likes

News Flash! Toiletville was struck by an unprecedented hurricane of disgusting proportion. Following the foul wind an earthquake struck and the resultant tsunami finished off any hope for survivors. Even more bizarre a satellite imagine revealed an orange blog appearing to eject rolls of paper towels. Thoughts and Prayers

1 Like

“…the truth is, there is no pooh.”

5 Likes

I’m sure Ann is OK, but I prefer Mary:

2 Likes

“Pooh, or pooh not. There is no try.”

11 Likes

There is no Pooh?!!

16 Likes