Swap out Biden? Morning Joe co-hosts butt heads, reflecting Democratic panic after disastrous debate (video)

God help me, I watched some of the debate. And yes it was embarrassing all around. The worst was when they started arguing about golf. (Seriously, golf?)

And then to hear pundits dissect it afterwards. Someone on PBS said “well, Biden won on policy but Trump won on poise.” What does that even mean? If you have half a brain it’s ALL about policy. Trump can say all he wants about his intended policies but his primary goal is to be a dictator. End of discussion.

Vote for the dictator, or vote for the slow guy who at least understands how government and diplomacy work and will surround himself with competent public servants instead of grifters and megalomaniacs-in-training.

4 Likes

high quality GIF

Not the blatant fucking LIES, Trump spewed the WHOLE time, including how democrats are killing babies? The golf thing was the worst?

I guess we all have our own priorities, I guess… :roll_eyes:

9 Likes

I don’t think anybody was surprised at Trump’s lies. They were expected and delivered.

If anything, the childish golf argument was a welcome diversion if for no other reason than it was simply so inconsequential in light of the horror show Trump was spewing for the rest of the so-called debate. Biden’s “I’ll play against you in golf if you carry your own bags” was a nice little zinger too.

5 Likes

While I think it’s unlikely and I’m rooting for Biden to come back strong, I don’t share the certainty that it’s all the way off the table. “Otherwise suddenly cannot carry on” might not have a universally agreed upon definition, but ultimately it’s only Biden’s that matters at this point.

I definitely wasn’t. I didn’t even think it was worth watching. Literally nothing I read this morning surprised me. Biden is a statesman and a terrible speaker who is very old and quite obviously frail. Trump is a narcissistic bully with a bunch of goons who get off on rape and death behind him. What is there to watch? Where is the “debate” here? Fuck it all.

FWIW I also consider Trump’s lies the worst part but I was not surprised by them. I just think that is the most dangerous part. It’s not about my emotions, it’s about the level of harm/risk I perceive. To me the worst part is the most dangerous part to the people I care about rather than the part that makes me feel an emotion.

10 Likes

Uh Huh Reaction GIF by Originals

But hey, we’re the assholes who literally have LESS rights, while some people are yucking it up… so… what do we know.

6 Likes

This topic is temporarily closed for at least 4 hours due to a large number of community flags.

This topic was automatically opened after 2 days.

This topic was automatically closed after 2 days. New replies are no longer allowed.