Sweary mums are scaring off Mumsnet's advertisers

I have seen a version of that where that section had every instance of “Fuck” replaced with some other word presumably to make it safe for delicate ears.

It really didn’t work.

Maybe if they’d replaced it with “Belgium”?

2 Likes

Hey affection would work too. After all they do like not swearing.

1 Like

There’s an SNL skit where they do a bit like that, where they use shampoo as a replacement for a curse word. Pretty funny, they don’t have the video on youtube but if you go to the video and skip to 3:45 its where the skit starts.

Is it fuck.

It’s the preserve of a particular kind of middle class:

Stealing “cockwaffles,” that’s amazaballs!

3 Likes

The answer to cuntwaffle, to be certain!

I had a friend in the UK who only used it to describe other dudes, if they were douchebags.

Friend of mine was very… creative with his swear words. Someone thought it would be funny to give him a flip book of mix * match curse words. It totally made his day

4 Likes

100%. And in this particular context, It’s not the swearing that cuts to the quick, but rather the politely-phrased comments offering to either “pray for your child” or call child protection to save your child from your horrendous parenting philosophy (either you did, or would not give them ritz, it doesn’t really matter which side…)

And so, once again, it’s the man’s fault, is that right/

I won a prize at work once for the phrase ‘Cunty Mcfuckbucket and his Bastard Bagpipers’.

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.