Sweaty realdoll Marco Rubio quits Republican race

2 Likes

He’s out of politics.

Soon to star in ads for some bottled water company?

4 Likes

In response to the various replies (and due to the fact that my sense of humour is obviously defective), I will leave it at this (okay, I’ll desperately try to leave it at this.)

The reason I do not (okay, try not to) indulge in certain actions is not that the victim do not deserve harm… It is that I do damage to myself in performing such actions.

I’m not an opponent of the death penalty because there is no-one who I believe deserves it. I am certain that such cases exist. I am opponent of the death penalty is because it harms me (and society as a whole) to execute human beings.

The sentiment is the same, but writ small here.

Besides, I like to think that “the problem with them is that they’re boorish name-callers”, rather than “actually, it’s fine to be a boorish name-callers. The problem with them is they’re boorish name-callers to the wrong people.”

5 Likes

Shouldn’t this drastically reduce the chances of a real surprise via a brokered convention? In a two man (plus Kasich) race the range of outcomes that don’t produce a clear winner is much smaller.

Why do you ask questions about your feelings about BoingBoing?

Which one of us is the therapist?

The difficulty is that Republicans are always willing to call their opponents “evil”, and non-Republicans have a range of views from “tout comprendre c’est tout pardonner” to “three thousand years of philosophy and theology and we still can’t agree on a definition of evil”. But an awful lot of people out there only understand very, very simplistic arguments.

5 Likes

…this is the party that courts racists, seeks to curtail women’s reproductive rights, end marriagecivil rights for LBGQT people…

Sorry, but I felt a correction was warranted there. Even before the Obergefell decision Republican-led state legislatures across the country were pushing “religious freedom” laws that would allow businesses to deny service to LGBTQ people and nullifying local anti-discrimination measures.

Republicans, on the whole, want to take away a lot more from LGBTQ people than just the freedom to marry.

5 Likes

If history is any guide then his future in advertising is bright.

2 Likes

I believe Dole is considered a caching nameserver, so putting Rubio nearby might actually give him some guidance, even though Dole is just reporting what he’s told.

1 Like

I respect your position. I will still call rubio an asshat because he is one, but I do respect your position.

2 Likes

There was quite a lot of grief given to Obama by Republicans because he had only been in the Senate for 4 years before becoming President. But I certainly haven’t heard anyone complaining that Rubio and Cruz are first-term senators running for president. And one of Trump’s big selling points is he has no political experience at all.

1 Like

Calling Rubio even a first time senator is generous, since he barely even shows up to do that job.

4 Likes

Absolutely. I never said other wise, but the gay marriage issue was the most prominent aspect of a whole heap of homophobic actions on their part. It’s, in fact, an incredibly low bar, IMHO, saying that two people in love can marry, regardless of their gender. The fact that they can’t even bring themselves to support this rather conservative and staid institution for our LGBQT citizens is telling.

1 Like

Rubio isn’t willing to put in the legwork that Nixon was during his time in the wilderness. Even so, he probably would not have won the first time without the Democratic train wreck over Vietnam.

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.