Sweaty trumpkin congressman blames wife for illegal campaign expenses

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2018/08/24/sweaty-trumpkin-congressman-an.html

10 Likes

And his kid. Nice guy.

26 Likes

Family values!!

26 Likes

When I blame my wife for things that are obviously my fault I try not to do it on national television. Especially Fox News. Her family watches that garbage all of the time.

25 Likes

I see what you did there. And I like it!

26 Likes

Wives… amiright?

He said “money” so many times in the opening that it brought this to mind:

And it actually makes a pretty good background song to the interview video.

10 Likes

Here he is leaving FOX Studios. Burning as moths do when they get too close to the flame.

burningmanwalking

13 Likes

Surprisingly, he didn’t blame OBAMA!!!

15 Likes

The party of Personal Responsibility™ strikes again!

23 Likes

I wouldn’t be surprised if the “WOMEN, amirite??” defense actually works considering the audience he’s pandering to.

11 Likes
4 Likes

Was it her emails, Congressman ?

7 Likes

Fun fact: this class act also blamed his son for the $1,500 spent with campaign funds on Steam games

6 Likes

Ahh… the “I can’t keep a handle on my family but I should definitely be your congressman” defence.

14 Likes

I can only imagine this happens when someone literally doesn’t pay attention to the account for months on end and just keeps digging a deeper and deeper hole every day. I’m guessing his bank is one of those ones that doesn’t notify you if your account is overdrawn. I wouldn’t be surprised if it’s one of those banks where the overdraft fees cause overdraft fees of their own.

1 Like

Till Death, and/or federal indictment, do us part.

2 Likes

Update: Congressman releases new statement

16 Likes

Im calling bullshit. When did a Republican man ever listen to a woman?

14 Likes

Yet, that’s coming at the trial.

1 Like

Best of luck in the divorce!

3 Likes