Sweaty trumpkin congressman blames wife for illegal campaign expenses

As always, I appreciate your excellent descriptors! I would have also accepted nakedly amoral totalitarian molerat.

5 Likes

This is your party of personal responsibility right here. Liars and cheaters, immoral and unethical the whole lot of them. What do you do when your family is in with them? How did life get so fucked up? This is like a god damned nightmare but you can’t wake up.

10 Likes

AND you can’t spell!

1 Like

Not my meme.

4 Likes

Amazing. The article says in 2015 his net worth was minus nearly $400k. And frequently carried 5 figure credit card bills.

The part that blows my mind is that anyone lets this train wreck have a bank account much less a credit card. Overdrawing a bank account is right on the edge between mistake and fraud, but when it happens this often mistake is not a valid defense.

1 Like

That needs a trigger warning. :wink:
I just about had a panic attack imagining getting such a bill in the mail.
[Stumbles away to find a paper bag to breath into…]

1 Like

Let me just spell out the headline that is cut off here:

Duncan Hunter overdrew his bank account an average of three times a week, every week, for seven years

over 1000 times, over seven years

can we let that sink in for a moment?
but trust him to run ‘the government’ yeah sure
other people’s money: other people stupid enough to send him campaign donations

9 Likes

Didn’t he also buy a bunny a plane ticket? Maybe that was some other campaign-$ abusing person, i get them mixed up these days.

Bonus points though if the bunny’s name is Checkers. (Speech! Speech!)

https://www.google.com/amp/www.sandiegouniontribune.com/news/watchdog/sd-me-hunter-rabbits-20170103-story,amp.html

2 Likes

It’s pronounced “congerson” according to that reporter.

1 Like

I do keep trying to wake up, usually several times a day. Other times I stick a pin in myself to make sure this really is the United States in 2018 and I’m not dreaming. Then I took to reading 1922 newspapers at the Library of Congress website and believing I lived there, in 1922. Warren Harding was a lot easier to take than today’s evil clown.

Holy shit… well, finally some one who makes me look like a financial genius.

3 Likes

I believe some of the improper uses of money involved daytime hotel bookings in Washington that were obviously for his assignations. Now that that’s out, I guess he was heading for a divorce anyways… He’s just screwing his wife over again with this.

4 Likes

I agree with the concept, just like I agreed with it when Barbara Boxer was bouncing checks all over the place. Fair is fair. Boxer wasn’t accused of illegal campaign spending, but her money management skills were bad, too. Neither one should be handling the nation’s finances.

This tactic (didn’t Ben Carson try this too?) brought a different song to my mind:

Here’s a new spin on the lyrics:

(What they do)
(They play an old game)
All the time they want you to be blamed
The back stabbers (back stabbers)
(They play an old game)
All the time they want you to be blamed
The back stabbers (back stabbers)

All you ladies who have someone
Who don’t really care, yeah, yeah
Then it’s all of you ladies
Who better beware, yeah yeah
Somebody’s out to get you lady
A few of your men they sure look shady
Blades are long, clenched tight in their fist
Aimin’ straight at your back
And I don’t think they’ll miss…

4 Likes

4 Likes

Give the poor guy a break; he’s a politician, not an accountant. Money is hard. /s

Application to Represent the GOP in Congress

Can you talk the talk? Y / N (circle one)

Signature: _______________________

Nice. And yes, as I recall I believe he did. I don’t recall if he ever took the fall for any of it though… Hmm.

When they pull this, it’s like they are saying:

“Women. What can a man do? You can’t be watching them all the time. Tut tut tut… oh wait. You mean I’m getting in trouble for this?! But! Women! WOMEN! I’m a REPUBLICAN goddammit! You can’t do this to me!”

I wonder if we have Lady Macbeth to blame for this? (I kid, we have shitty men to blame for this)

3 Likes

I don’t know if there’s much new, but I can’t get tired of hearing about it.

1 Like

I take it that you are not familiar with the name Paul Ryan?

3 Likes

(Unrelated, but the O’jays were such a great band)

2 Likes