Tabletop gamer's gift guide for 2018

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2018/12/12/tabletop-gamers-gift-guide-f.html

1 Like

I’m still waiting to get my rewards for this but hopefully this is up other people’s alley too (once its available outside kickstarter)

4 Likes

I think “…and Zombies” would spice up any sort of game, even the old classics. Could you imagine:

Chutes & Ladders & Zombies
Hungry Hungry Hippos & Zombies
Monopoly & Zombies
The Game of Life & Zombies

Or for the more cerebral, Chess & Zombies

The possibilities are endless…

6 Likes

There’s an article/long-form advertisement about the making of A&A&Z over at Wizards of the Coast’s house organ Dragon+ (the digital successor to Dragon magazine).

Long story short: it took a couple of different tries to turn a simple “…and zombies” premise into a game that didn’t end with “… and everyone loses” almost every time. (And that also didn’t make the Allies and Axis ally against the zombie threat.)

4 Likes

7A038DED-0199-4686-B61E-9A2D68E5A872

4 Likes

KeyForge is $10/deck. Not $20.

1 Like

Though it wouldn’t arrive in time for end of year holiday gift season, if a gamer in your life had bought Steve Jackson Games Ogre Designers Edition or just has the 6th edition, SJG is now running a Kickstarter for the Battlefields expansion set with lots of goodies already funded. You could gift that and when it delivers in July its like gift season all over again!

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.