Taco Bells employees set off fireworks inside, starting fire while locked outside

Originally published at: Taco Bells employees set off fireworks inside, starting fire while locked outside | Boing Boing

6 Likes
11 Likes

Taco Bell employees in Nashville reportedly set off a fireworks show inside the restaurant and then ran outside to watch through the window. Fortunately, they did it when no customers were inside. Unfortunately, they locked themselves out and a fire broke out.

I don’t understand! The plan was flawless!

10 Likes

I learned not to set off fireworks inside the house when I first played The Sims.

10 Likes

13 Likes

Police arrested shift leader Courtney Mayes, 25, and charged her with felony aggravated arson. They expect to make more arrests soon.

7c4d

6 Likes

A Taco Bell got set on fire?

Insert ‘nothing of value was lost’ gif (except possibly some staffers’ freedom).

1 Like

200w-1

4 Likes

If they paid better wages then maybe they could get some smarter employees.

7 Likes

“Don’t set off fireworks indoors” seems about the same level of common sense as “don’t press your hand on a hot stove”. Makes me wonder how they were able to function at their job. I assume that won’t be a concern any more.

7 Likes

To be fair, almost nothing at Taco Bell is made on a hot stove, so maybe that life skill just wasn’t there. :stuck_out_tongue:

9 Likes

If you pay peanuts, you get monkeys.

5 Likes

Nashville? Tennessee: “Here, Florida, hold my beer!”

3 Likes

I, for one, think we should keep distributing cheaply manufactured light-up explosives as much as possible, to as many people as possible!

4 Likes

And yet the exploding fireworks were still technically safer to eat than the food.

3 Likes

firemen at taco bell

3 Likes

How did the shift leader get involved? Is she the only one facing charges? Why wouldn’t a Shift Leader have a key if they’re the head person there after hours? So many questions.

2 Likes

Given my experiences at various Taco Bells over the years, my guess is they functioned poorly.

I can appreciate not liking your job due to pay and working conditions, but being able to get a basic order correct kind of seems a big part of the job.

3 Likes

dear god, the stupid. and if you have been in a fast food restaurant or two, you can see that the shift supervisor is basically just the employee in that shift that has been there the longest. not necessarily the brightest. the shift supervisor at the DD near me actually has to look at the cup to see which end the coffee gets poured into.

2 Likes

“Acting as intelligently as a seven year old Bob Mortimer” is not how you want to go through life.

4 Likes