Tactical paint cans

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2020/03/19/tactical-paint-cans.html

2 Likes

I’ve seen some prepper people store stuff in paint cans because they’re airtight, resealable, reasonably large, and come with a convenient handle. The Venn diagram between preppers and people who find the adjective “tactical” appealing is a near solid overlap.

7 Likes

Okay. Tactical paper, Tactical paint cans. For twelve hours a night we have Tactical days.

11 Likes

They made my apt tactical this month, plastering cheap vinyl siding in an ugly black - or very very dark grey. Great for Batman - shit for someone who has to cool this fucking place in the summer. Maybe if they upgraded my god damn windows…

My daughter is 13, knows nothing of building materials, and she touched the siding and was like, “This feels cheap.”

IT IS! Someone who knows nothing about this stuff can see that.

4 Likes

I have a house full of Tactical remote controls that I keep losing.

6 Likes

This is what you sell noobs when they come into the hardware store after being sent out to buy “camouflage paint” right?

1 Like
2 Likes

I’m holding out for Camo

1 Like

If you painted everything, why do you need to keep the leftover paint?

1 Like

Camouflage paint probably works. You just have to paint absolutely everything.

1 Like

If only there were a tactical device that I could use to rid the world of tactical bullshit peddlers.

2 Likes

Sending a noob out to buy “camouflage paint” is a form of “snipe hunt” practical joke

1 Like

7 Likes

I was honestly expecting these to have ridges around the side of the can and sort of a ridgy crown around the rim that would inadvertently be good for cleaning rollers.

Very funny Rob. No really, very funny. I loved the punchline!

I have been painting for over 25 years and we have always called them plastic paint can’s.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.