Take a few minutes and go check out my favorite opossum, Gladys

Originally published at: Take a few minutes and go check out my favorite opossum, Gladys | Boing Boing

4 Likes

Some folks are trying to make opossums our state marsupial…

I’m unsure if it got through this year…

8 Likes

What would the other options be really?
AGEH

(It has my vote)

8 Likes

When they were talking about it on the local news show on the local NPR station (which has the slogan “Amplifying Atlanta” the host joked about how she’s “amplifying Wombats”… which I begged my daughter to draw a picture of for like 2 months straight…

But yeah… as that’s the only marsupial we have here naturally…

Awesome Opossum GIF by chuber channel

Oh god, and I knew a guy who once had a mother possum take up residence in his dishwasher… He kept hearing noises at night, went in there, and saw some possums. Had to get them taken away to the local park.

8 Likes

I love her little fingers!

5 Likes

For reasons unknown, a lotta videos show up looking like this on my machine:

The woman in the video wakes up a sleeping critter and wonders why it’s growling at her? Let sleeping opossums lie.

3 Likes

I found a juvenile succumbing to the elements back in April. He has since been returned to the wild, but not before having some fun.

6 Likes

Twig does cater to all tastes.

6 Likes

Opossums carry diseases such as leptospirosis, tuberculosis, relapsing fever, tularemia, spotted fever, toxoplasmosis, coccidiosis, trichomoniasis, and Chagas disease. They may also be infested with fleas, ticks, mites, and lice. Opossums are hosts for cat and dog fleas, especially in urban environments. This flea infestation on opossums is particularly concerning for transmission of flea-borne typhus, which is increasing in prevalence in Orange and Los Angeles Counties.

1 Like

Link is broken.

1 Like

I bet an Opossum broke it…

6 Likes

Are there no veterinarians where you come from?

2 Likes

Unearthed from 2020:

3 Likes

My mistake. The link should be http not https.

giphy (5)

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.