Take a look at the teaser for Fast and Furious's "Fast X"

Originally published at: Take a look at the teaser for Fast and Furious's "Fast X" | Boing Boing

Ages ago someone suggested “FasTEN your Seatbelt” as a title and I think the real one is a bit boring.

9 Likes

Let’s face it they probably won’t put this franchise to rest until Vin Diesel is racing fellow pensioners around the nursing home in a souped-up mobility scooter.

13 Likes

Wait, “Beginning of the end of the road”? (Eyeroll)

2 Likes

Sounds amazing. I hope they do it.

2 Likes

However, somewhere around the fourth or fifth entry in the franchise, The Fast and Furious IP folded in on itself and became

a cross between a Bond movie and a Roadrunner cartoon.

5 Likes

Well, the new title makes it sound like it has at least calmed down some.

6 Likes

With Bruce Campbell reprising his role from Bubba Hotep? :smile::+1:

Shouldn’t Fast X be about Don coming face to face with a lover from his past?

“No, I expect you to [meep meep], Mr Bond.”

7 Likes

It only has a third the action of that other Vin Diesel movie but it goes by quicker.

5 Likes

Fast and the Furious: Fast xXx

Where, either Vin Diesel plays two roles, or we discover that Dominic Toretto and Xander Cage were the same person all along.

(Disclaimer: I have seen exactly none either of the FatF or xXx series. I do not feel that I have missed anything.)

4 Likes

“FatF***s XXX” is another genre of filmmaking entirely.

4 Likes

Yeah… I strongly advise against googling for information on xXx at work.

Adding “xXx movie” doesn’t really help.

3 Likes

That reminds me of the wheelchair chase in Silent Movie. It could work if done correctly.

3 Likes

I’m probably the last person to observe this (since it seems obvious) but Fast movies are this generation’s Police Academy movies. The latter went through the exact same arc. It started with a pretty good little movie that did a little better than expected, then the sequels morphed into self-parody over time and eventually became so abstract and strange that you didn’t even know what you were watching anymore. Yet people did. Going to see the latest Police Academy was a thing we all did for a while, even when we didn’t really like them that much.

Finally after #8 it was like we all woke up from a collective bad dream, looked at each other, and asked, “What we were doing going to these things?” So it ended.

3 Likes

I don’t think I’ve seen a single Fast and Furious movie, though I’ve seen several Police Academy movies back in the day… I did see the set for one of the F&F films, however. I was walking down the street (ATL), and I looked over to see a destroyed parking deck… I said “WHAT THE FUCK HAPPENED” and then saw a newspaper box for another city (LA, maybe) and realized… OH! They’re filming a F&F movie this week.

4 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.