Take a trip to the Choo Choo Barn and see a fabulous 1,700-square-foot model train display

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2024/01/19/take-a-trip-to-the-choo-choo-barn-and-see-a-fabulous-1700-square-foot-model-train-display.html

3 Likes

it is a masterpiece of model making. happy friday!

4 Likes

Friday Yes GIF by ProBit Global

2 Likes

I’ve been there! A looooong time ago (about 1974), and it was glorious! There’s also the real thing:

Also a related core memory and not too far is the (now closed, sadly) Roadside America

4 Likes

I like the photo that reads Traintown Zoo but all the animals you can see are dairy cattle.

1 Like

Does Traintown USA have a model railway?

The sign is above the zoo, you can see it in the video.

2 Likes

Yaay! A Wonderful Thing!
:slight_smile:

My workspace has a large second monitor that I often don’t use so I put on full screen videos of, among other things, long train rides, usually from the conductor’s view.

It would be so wonderful to put a tiny camera on the front of one of those model trains and give us all the perspective of riding one.

Or not.

tumblr_1dbea172579c9e7ea0e19a5e04c88350_05435ee5_540

4 Likes

Someone did.
I think it was in a UK documentary series about Hornby.

If I can, I’ll try and find the episode.

ETA I think it featured this guy - he has his own YT channel. The video below has some on-board footage starting about 2/3 the way through. I’m sure he’ll have other videos of the same ilk. Not sure if this one has the stuff I saw but he had then managed to put a camera inside a mode train cab to really give a driver’s eye view.

2 Likes

I know. I said the PHOTO was funny.

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.