Take the test to see which political quadrant you inhabit

It’s not just you, we all do it. I struggle with it as a professional historian myself. I’m generally not a fan of assuming anything is just “human nature” but that kind of bias is one thing that may just be.

3 Likes

Since nobody else mentioned it, this reminds me very much of the Pournelle Chart. Original:
http://www.baen.com/chapters/Axes.htm

And the wikipedia summary:

2 Likes

Bernie literally left the Bernieceats alone to figure it out how to deal with the establishment to go on a national self-promotion tour. He didn’t stumble into national politics accidentally.

However, what seems to be lost in all considerations is magnitude. Bernie is less power hungry than Clinton or Trump by a significant degree, but far more hungry than white-Christian-NRA-member-in-safe-house-district-72 who is just riding things out to make a buck.

I would never want a politician to not have the drive to be in their position, which is a far bigger problem in most government appointments.

Expanding the carceral state, fighting worker protections, and undermining the welfare system weren’t left wing positions in the 90s either. It may not be the rabid right, but it was a gleeful shift right.

2 Likes

I tend to agree with your general point, but the King/BPP axis isn’t accurate. BPP was founded in 66. By that point many of King’s best known actions had already happened.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.