Target will be closing in 10 minutes

[Read the post]

3 Likes

I think that last one is not “Arab” but “Ren” (of Stimpy fame, not Kylo fame).

8 Likes

I can mimic a lot of different character voices and accents too. But other than the rare occasion I’m drunk enough to share, no one knows.

My most recent is Rick from Rick and Morty.

5 Likes

I’m surprised Target hasn’t automated the closing announcement.

Sadly now that this has gotten out they probably will.

7 Likes

I also can do a passable Rick. Wub a lub a dub dub, and aawaaaay we go!

2 Likes
4. Arab? (UPDATE: Apparently it is Ren of 'And Stimpy' fame)
That's the funniest thing I read all day.
6 Likes

I’ve heard better Ren’s, but not many.

1 Like

If only Mr. Trump was this good at doing different voices…

UPDATE: Apparently, this is Target employee SentioVenia doing his impressions in his apartment.

1 Like

I hope they choose the Mickey Mouse one.

2 Likes

Me too. They will if they have any sense and can overcome any copyright issues.

Unfortunately I know the possibility of either is unlikely.

1 Like

I’m surprised he was able to do that more than once. He must either be the manager or not have one around at closing time.

At my very first retail job, I was asked to do the closing announcement one night. I didn’t do a fake accent, but I did ham it up in my best radio disc-jockey voice, and was immediately and permanently banned from ever doing the closing announcement again.

I love it when a plan comes together.

5 Likes

It would be interesting to study which announcements were the most effective at getting people to the front.

@MrMonkey I’ve done similar things in the case of an unpleasant task, ensuring I was never assigned the task again. There’s something about doing it too well that puts people off.

1 Like

i used to do this at toys r us, sears, and home depot. hourly announcements at sears ugh
fun managers are the best managers.

1 Like

To be fair, some wonderful things happen after Target closes…

2 Likes

Ren sounds to me like Peter Lorre with a slight hispanic accent. But Ren doesn’t rrrroll his Rs like this guy.

I don’t know that I did it “too well”, but the idea that if you want something done right, you’ve got to do it yourself is a powerful tool, especially if you’re not the one who insists on having it done just exactly right.

In hindsight, though, I’m kind of disappointed in my former manager. Surely that was a missed training opportunity. :slight_smile:

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.