Taste Atlas is a map to find delicious local food around the world

Originally published at: Taste Atlas is a map to find delicious local food around the world | Boing Boing

2 Likes

Taste Atlas is one of my most dangerous procrastination tools

3 Likes

Nice idea, but apparently I live in a “delicious local food” desert. Saltwater taffy in Atlantic City? Nah, I’m good. Will have to share this with my foodie pals, so they can contribute better options from the Mid-Atlantic region.

2 Likes

My only option is hot chicken :roll_eyes:

3 Likes

Checked what it had for Austin TX and sure enough its pretty disappointing. Only lists BBQ joints, and while good the majority of the ones in town are over priced and over hyped. And there’s also other great local food beyond BBQ

2 Likes

Atlas Obscura launched Gastro Obscura a couple of years ago. Similar idea, but I can’t tell do they have a map function. They do have a book, though.

I don’t really get it. I hover over Washington DC, and I click on the hamburger, and it swoops open to a bunch of different foods, but when I click on them, I learn about the foods, but ALL the places where that food is, and not the ones specific to the DC area. It almost works, except it doesn’t.

Or, I’m doing it wrong, which is always a distinct possibility.

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.