Tasty coffee additive

Originally published at: Tasty coffee additive | Boing Boing

Sometimes I think I’m the last person to drink coffee black.

27 Likes

right there with ya.
just black. it’s timeless and simple.

11 Likes

The more terrible the coffee, though, the more it needs in it. The recipe in the OP suggests they don’t actually like coffee at all.

1 Like

Drinking espresso black right now.

3 Likes

To each their own of course. I prefer mine sweetened with cream or half n half. That also makes it a little cooler so I can drink it faster and get that shot of wakey drug I need in the mornings. But hey, at least I’m not like my dad. Folgers instant, flavored with milk. Bleck.

2 Likes

Nope. I love black coffee. I don’t even really enjoy Bailey’s in my coffee.

I’m just about to head upstairs and get one myself.

1 Like

I like reishi powder in my morning cup. But I’ll be the first to admit it tastes terrible. All mushroom powders taste like dirt in a way even coffee can’t eliminate.

1 Like

Sometimes I think I’m the last person to drink coffee black.

I’m just thankful it doesn’t actually contain any lion fur - mane or otherwise.

3 Likes

It never in a million years would have occurred to me to add dried fungus to coffee. I can’t even imagine what it tastes like, and I think I’ve eaten fresh lion’s mane.

5 Likes

Don’t let it keep you awake at night.

Been on a mazagran kick lately. Sometimes using limocello instead of lemonade.

1 Like

I drink it black only when it’s been cold-brewed… and at home – not Starbucks.

1 Like

A teaspoon of cinnamon? Don’t forget to put some coffee in it.

1 Like

Best to put the coffee in the fungus; not the fungus in the coffee.

3 Likes

" Ahh, Kos… or some say, Kosm…
Do you hear our prayers?
Grant us eyes, grant us eyes!
"

(source, for the perplexed)

1 Like

Coffee is a tasty coffee additive.

2 Likes

A whole friggin teaspoon of cinnamon!? Why is it that when Americans add cinnamon to anything, they consider that too much is not enough? (and I mean this respectfully, albeit ironic way).

I only drink coffee black when I make it myself, from a light/medium roast, properly freshly ground. Or espresso, though I don’t have a machine yet. I have a coffee machine in my office, but it’s one of those big Bunn VPR machines that keeps a pot warm all day. The only people who drink that stuff black are masochists.

On topic: I suppose I might try adding mushrooms to my coffee, if they didn’t cost $34/lb. Maybe I can get someone else to make me one, like Mark did.

Not the last, but we are a dying breed.

2 Likes