Tattoos

Continuing the discussion from Breaking Bad tattoos:

1 Like

Yes the TV show is art. The tattoos are just mutilations that will fade. Would you be so quick to call a masterful tattoo of say, Michelangeloā€™s David ā€˜incredibly stupidā€™? Because if so, Iā€™m pretty sure anyone even mildly interested in tattoos would be completely uninterested in anything you have to say on the matterā€¦ Yes.

De gustibusā€¦

I like the advice a friend of mine gave a young friend of his: Before getting a tat, you should be very, VERY sure itā€™s something youā€™re going to want to wear for the rest of your life. If you buy the same temporary tat continuously for about five years running, that might be sufficient indication. (And some of the temporaries are pretty darned impressive these days.)

In our area, tattoo removal is a booming business as the boom passed and folks are having second thoughts, at least about the less successful and more visible.

But if you are certain that this is what you want to be known by for the rest of your lifeā€¦ itā€™s your life, at least once youā€™re an adult. As arguably stupid actions go, this one is at least not fatal.

2 Likes

Phā€™nglui the Cuttlefish is willing to let you choose whether to describe your surface-colorants as ā€˜primitiveā€™ rather than ā€˜stupidā€™, if you prefer;

2 Likes

So you donā€™t like tattoos? Donā€™t get them.

I donā€™t see the problem here. Unless you want to tell everyone with tattoos how stupid you think they are, according to your own particular criteria which hold little to no relevance for others.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 1202 days. New replies are no longer allowed.