Taxpayers pay $775 per child per night to detain separated migrant kids in those 'concentration camps'

If only this could have been predicted!

Oh, you mean like this?

17 Likes

Somebody. Is. Making. Bank.

The perfidy.
The venality.
The gleeful cruelty.

Hannah Arendt’s prophecy in mile-high letters in our previous century:

Ye gods.

15 Likes

And water. :roll_eyes:

5 Likes

You can get all those luxuries at the camp commissary. The prices are reasonable - you did remember to bring some cash, right?

11 Likes

But if we put them in hotels - how could these companies grift so much money?

I can’t believe Trump’s letting that grifting opportunity go to someone else. He’s slipping.

12 Likes

I never knew white supremacy would be so expensive.

10 Likes

I fear you have not been paying attention, then. Although, that is probably wise on your part.

6 Likes

The government would probably pay less for decent conditions. The cruelty is the point.

12 Likes

Clearly not enough for beds and soap and toothbrushes and clean clothing.

5 Likes

About the only way to undercut the present staff there.

1 Like

Which one?

5 Likes

In this case, the party in power, which actually calls itself “the party of fiscal responsibility”.

8 Likes

The empire is bipartisan.

3 Likes

Those are opinion pieces that are specifically (and correctly) contrasting the Dems with the party that actually uses that label.

If you’re trying to imply that I or most other people here are downplaying the Dems sorry record in regard to immigration, you haven’t been paying attention.

9 Likes

I am all for expropriating Maralago

1 Like

“Government contractors” Possibly not bothering with the contract per se, let alone a tender.

2 Likes

Where is the "Right to Life " crowd in all this disgusting assault on young lives? What happens to the great cry for sanctity of life. If it’s such a sin to stop a fetus from being born Why isn’t there a great cry of outrage when that group of cells cries for Mama or Papa. When the “Miracle of Life” wants the dignity of a bath or a decent meal are they no longer worth any concern. When a little kid only wants the protection and safety of loving arms should we tell them they don’t qualify? Sorry kid, you’re not a useful political chip anymore. Just fuck every son of a bitch who profits from this sin of incarceration. Fuck every scumbag who tries to label a kid illegal. You lot better hope your sky buddy isn’t real because you have some serious explaining to do if you do meet your “Maker”. Will (god?) spare you if you have to cross a border to heaven?

9 Likes

They stop caring about “right to life” after birth. Unless it’s assisted suicide of course which is completely immoral. But the death penalty? Totes cool.

14 Likes

I can. It’s typically called “daycare”.

3 Likes

Well, yeah. I bet you could take these families (or individuals), give them a welcome basket, buy them some supplies, give them vouchers for local restaurants, provide job counseling and integration/citizenship counseling services, and put them up in a local Hampton inn or some other reasonably nice “not a shithole”… for significantly less than $775 per person per day.

Oh noes, but what about security? Um, if you showed up with next to nothing, and the nice people are giving you free room and board while helping you get gainful employment and citizenship, I bet there are not many people that would decide to run away from that.

Maybe I should start a business, and offer my services to tRump for say $600 a head doing the above. Of course, I’ll have to call it something like “Kamp Torture for horrible brownskinned animals” or something, but we’ll really do the above. Plus, free cookies and so-so continental breakfast if we use a Hampton…

7 Likes