Taxpayers pay $775 per child per night to detain separated migrant kids in those 'concentration camps'

Tell you what, I’ll keep a few at my house for only $699.95 each. A bargain!

1 Like

Quite. You only call them ‘concentration camps’ if you think that’s an inappropriate term and want to indicate that you’re quoting someone else’s nomenclature. Most of us just call them concentration camps, with no quotes, because that’s precisely what they are.

Any comment, BB?

2 Likes

Oh, my sweet summer child, the forced-birthers don’t care one iota about children, they only care about making women second-class citizens and broodmares.

13 Likes

and the US government did it before with American citizens of Japanese descent

3 Likes

“Plantation”, “reservation” and other terms are also just mealy-mouthed words for what American textbooks should unequivocally label as concentration camps/forced labor camps/extermination camps/child trafficking hubs/sex trafficking hubs, etc.

7 Likes

You have no idea… :roll_eyes:

3 Likes

Which is now, and which is 1940?

tumblr_inline_pamkodw9iy1rucpsy_540

6 Likes

It was never about life. A more apt term for that crowd is Fetus Worshiper

5 Likes

Well, you could also do it in a lapse, or to “quote the quotes” (i.e. refer to this discourse, maybe ironically); and if someone actually doesn’t want to call them that, because they think this term should be reserved to what the Nazis did, that’s a valid opinion, too (although I don’t share it).

I’m sure the cries of $750 per night is just going to lead the GOP into demanding that the children do chores as a way to defer their cost of upkeep. Such chores may be light assembly of products for partner corporations or perhaps resource harvesting like coal mining

4 Likes

Government employees who stay at Trump hotels are charged $585, the maximum allowed.

2 Likes
6 Likes

Everything in the U.S. has become a grift. These companies don’t give a rat’s ass about the human cost. Neither does Big Pharma, the banking cartel, defense monopolies, and it all “trickles down” so that it takes a heroic effort to find anyone who actually believes in what they do for a living.

Late stage capitalism, empire, whatever, we all pay a dear cost.

3 Likes

arm numbers are for when they’re waiting in line to get into the camps

3 Likes

it may not mean what you think it means

2 Likes

Thread:

Read the whole thing.

5 Likes
5 Likes

If those guards were lazy, they’d leave it until the morning.

2 Likes
3 Likes

If they wanted to make it cheaper still, they could invest a little in alleviating the conditions the refugees are trying to escape… but that would mean doing something that benefited someone else, and that cannot be allowed, no matter how good it is for the USA too.