Taylor Swift has every song in the U.S. top 10

Originally published at: Taylor Swift has every song in the U.S. top 10 | Boing Boing

10 Likes

Two nights ago I watched the video of her and Lisa Kudrow doing “Smelly Cat” live at the Staples center a few years ago. Quite funny, and playful.

16 Likes

Deservedly so! She is not only a very talented artist, she is also an incredibly smart businessperson who understands more about how things work today with streaming, fandoms, and social media than the people running the services do.

11 Likes

Something something “greatest of all time” something.

5 Likes

Tweenagers amirite?

:metal: :metal:

5 Likes

Anybody who was in middle school in 2009 is in their mid-twenties now

Face it, we are just old :face_with_head_bandage:

4 Likes

Wait, is this about the Taylor Swift screaming goat thing?

2 Likes

Nope, a certain asshole who interrupted TS a few years back during an acceptance speech is having a hard time this week (or even this year) because of certain anti-semetic comments and his affiliation with Team Trump.

10 Likes

I know what you mean. Kurt Cobain was a great songwriter but I really think things would have worked out better if he had an MBA.

Quite possible. MBAs are really good at outsourcing their pain and rarely afflicted with introspection.

5 Likes

Well, I sure am. Taylor Swift is an artist whose work I have enjoyed. Although I have read the name Drake, I could not say that I have ever heard a single piece of his (I’m guessing it’s) music.

1 Like

So glad you brought that up, I almost forgot about the whole thing! Such idyllic times, 2009. The meme rivers flowed for weeks with Kanye making a fool of himself. Making this news is especially delicious. “Imma let you finish” indeed!

Swift has some problems with the music industry, but she didn’t blame some secret Jewish organization. Instead she re-recorded all her music note for note. What a boss!

9 Likes

Let’s have a serious debate about whether the GOAT is Taylor Swift, Simone Biles, or Gandhi.

Add to that list political savvy and moral integrity. For an artist who started out as an extremely white-culture “aw shucks” country singer to evolve into someone who can espouse progressive values in an extremely hostile environment while only expanding her fanbase, I’m impressed.

12 Likes

There are categories, naturally. :man_shrugging:

Nope, no categories. We’re all going to be ranked on a 100 point scale. No units either. So, Greatest Of All Time: go.

Snl Im Not GIF by Saturday Night Live

4 Likes

That’s a headline from The Onion, surely.

1 Like

And this is a good thing? Pop music is basically ruled by the 0.01%