Teacher removed from public education meeting in handcuffs after asking why superintendents get raises but teachers don't

:smiley:

6 Likes

I’ve never seen then being held anywhere else than in a school auditorium. Also, in the places I’ve been, I’ve never seen a security guard with a firearm. I’ve also never seen a school that has security guards.

2 Likes

Not that it matters, but… here ya go
Vermilion Parish Schools Teacher
Min-Maximum salary ($)
39,458-58,861

How much does a School Superintendent make in Louisiana? Louisiana School Superintendent salaries vary greatly from town to town.

School Superintendent’s Annual Base Salary

School Superintendent $136,540 Alexandria,LA January 02, 2018
School Superintendent $141,483 Baton Rouge,LA January 02, 2018
School Superintendent $141,483 Bossier City,LA January 02, 2018
School Superintendent $152,140 Houma,LA January 02, 2018
School Superintendent $153,222 Kenner,LA January 02, 2018
School Superintendent $151,677 La Place,LA January 02, 2018
School Superintendent $139,320 Lafayette,LA January 02, 2018
School Superintendent $140,093 Lake Charles,LA January 02, 2018
School Superintendent $153,376 Marrero,LA January 02, 2018
School Superintendent $153,376 Metairie,LA January 02, 2018
School Superintendent $142,101 Monroe,LA January 02, 2018
School Superintendent $138,548 New Iberia,LA January 02, 2018
School Superintendent $153,376 New Orleans,LA January 02, 2018
School Superintendent $141,483 Shreveport,LA January 02, 2018

7 Likes

Just block all the ads and unrelated scripting. It’s not like BB takes any responsibility for whatever their 3rd party ad network affiliates infect your machine with.

I’m basically sure Cory runs heavy adblock on this site himself.

5 Likes

This is completely false. It is hard to police third party ad networks when shady remnant ads use things like geolocation and the like to “hide” the ads when we look for them. If you see a bad ad, email a screenshot and URL if you can to badad@boingboing.net and we will do our best to track it down.

We don’t allow ads that autoplay with audio, steal focus, or any of that crap. We hate them, too.

20 Likes

Sorry for impugning you guys. I don’t see ads anyway, but thanks for the effort.

2 Likes

Fun fact about the district in question, they still use corporal punishment.http://www.vrml.k12.la.us/district/Student_Parent_Handbook0809.pdf page 7 of the handbook. Their searches policy is interesting as well.

7 Likes

Stop resisting.

2 Likes

Well, let’s rally again. Get the money, get the lawyer, fire the sup, fire the cop and his chef. Go after that police department until the city council condemns the police department.

Good move blue. No one trusts you.

2 Likes

Thank you for letting us all know about your actions against the malverts, and the tad bit of education about how it can be hard to track! I wondered…

5 Likes

Physician, heal thyself

6 Likes

jon-snow-slurps

14 Likes

All hail the left-leaning slurpers!!

10 Likes

giphy

:wink:

8 Likes

10 Likes

jon-snow-slurps-again

7 Likes

Oh, it’s the unions’ fault.

I should have known.

/s

Do I need sarcasm tags? I need sarcasm tags, don’t I?

11 Likes

Well, she may not be getting a raise, but I sure think she’ll be getting quite a payout… from the lawsuit.

8 Likes

I wish I were a lawyer so I could take her case for wrongful arrest and imprisonment, maybe even kidnapping.

4 Likes

I’m sick and tired of people going to public events and being jailed by armed thugs for the crime of speaking.

9 Likes