Ted Cruz angrily walks away from a British reporter who asked him why school shootings happen only in the United States

Yeah, getting shot is harder, but this country is ever more rapidly approaching a slightly more polite version of the fascist hellscape threatening anyone who isn’t a wealthy, white, male cis person in the US.

5 Likes

Damn. I didn’t realize Republicans were this far into denial. Does Ted Cruz think this is a normal thing for America now? “The only country where this happens…” Ted Cruz needs to wipe some of that mascara off his eyes. I think it’s blinding him from reality.

2 Likes

It’s not really. The US has about 14% or its population born outside the US. At random Germany has 12%, I actually don’t know what it is for Ireland as a whole but for Dublin it’s 20%. We live in a mobile world and people are going to have to leave the countries that are being destroyed in greater numbers in the next century.

Again it’s not that many people who try to get to England. According to the House of Commons Library report the UK had the 14th highest amount of asylum seekers in the EU with the second largest population.
https://commonslibrary.parliament.uk/research-briefings/sn01403/
Pro rata the daily migration to the UK is slightly lower than it is to Ireland. And that’s before Ukraine which will have skewed both significantly seeing as the UK took in several… dozen refugees.

It’s funny how both the UK and US fascists like to overstate the amount of migration as if they are somehow uniquely attractive destinations.

9 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.