Ted Cruz angrily walks away from a British reporter who asked him why school shootings happen only in the United States

Sky News is no longer a Murdoch property. I think it is Comcast now.

4 Likes

Luckily there was an extra door right behind him.

1 Like

“Why is it that people come from all over the world to America?”

That is actually a good question for someone to properly research. At the same time, they might also try to find out: what reservations did you have when deciding to come to America? What positive beliefs about America turned out to be true, and which turned out to be false? Same thing for negative beliefs. Positive things you were unaware of before you arrived. Same for negative things.

For the US to stay a top economy with a high quality of living and a large influence, we must continue to attract top people from around the world.

4 Likes

(laughs) That’s like have the scrape of a barrel scrape back.

yeah. from that article:

The Justice Department had urged the court to throw the case out because Cruz intentionally triggered a violation of the law. When the case was argued, government lawyer said he couldn’t sue McDonald’s after hearing it serves very hot coffee and intentionally pouring it in his lap to injure himself.

i don’t think he did it for the controversy though – the case didn’t make a big splash. he and others actually wanted to be able to make these loans.

i imagine it makes it easier to see who’s lining their pockets. and it even further tilts elections towards candidates who are rich enough to make these sorts of loans.

3 Likes

and often those victims are family members or the shooter themselves. ( and of course, like the murders in texas there’s often overlap between the various types of gun violence incidents )

some random numbers i found around:

Some 4.5 million American women are threatened with a gun by their intimate partners each year. And nearly 1 million women in the U.S. today have survived being shot or shot at by an intimate partner

even people who aren’t killed can be hurt by the existence of so many guns.

10 Likes

Oh, he did it entirely to enable a more direct pipeline for accepting bribes in the future and he did it the moment that the court was stacked to let it through

6 Likes
4 Likes

I think it was back when Lindsay hadn’t completely gone over to the dark side, before he embraced his inner asshole. Back pre-2016, before he start blowing Trump on the regular.

1 Like

Ha, oh gosh, when was that? 1995? He has always been the diverticula of the party.

There are many rumors in DC about who embraces Lindsey’s inner asshole!

But that’s another discussion.

3 Likes

The supreme court can’t issue advisory opinions. Cruz wanted to push the law in a particular direction.

4 Likes

Yes.

2 Likes
2 Likes

Wow, no, those are not particularly honest minutes. Not once he starts bemoaning the mythological past where America apparently was the greatest country in the world, without any of the problems it has apparently developed since. When was that supposed to be? America started as a slave state and had segregation until the 1960s.

6 Likes

That´s ironic.

https://mobile.twitter.com/MollyJongFast/status/1529613341781544960

6 Likes

Up until around 1492

10 Likes

The reporter should have pointed out that people drown trying to get in to the UK, and we’re a shithole.

12 Likes

Ill Allow It Spanish GIF

6 Likes

I disagree, but only because shithole isn’t pejorative enough.

2 Likes

Mind you, it’s a shithole where you’re vanishingly unlikely to be shot. And we have healthcare, despite the torys best efforts…

9 Likes