Ted Cruz is lazy and a racist

Originally published at: Ted Cruz is lazy and a racist | Boing Boing

13 Likes

The only people more lazy and racist than Cancun Cruz are those Texans who show up at the polls and put a checkmark by his name on the ballot

35 Likes

Ted Cruz represents negative values.

30 Likes

I doubt that this statement is accurate for the same reasons the writer intended it to be.

Yes, this is exactly who he is.

17 Likes

Ted Cruz is lazy and racist, but I repeat myself.

15 Likes

With Ted Cruz never attribute to stupidity what’s most likely caused by malice.

30 Likes

Neo-feudalist Ted Cruz is so far-right that he thinks capitalism is the far-left.

22 Likes

21 Likes

For when you hate a fucking fascist so much you’d rather exfoliate your face on embroidery than dry it.

11 Likes

In other news, ursine sylvan defecation preferences & the Bishop of Rome’s religion…

10 Likes

My sister and her family live in Texas, and they have told me their ballots allow them to just vote by party. So, they don’t even have to put a check next to Cruz’s name, they just check “GOP” and they’re done.

4 Likes

How do you vote a split ticket?
(I am hoping that the 15+ ballot check marks aren’t reduced to two less bad choices.)

4 Likes

“Ted Cruz is lazy and a racist”

And his mother doesn’t love him.

13 Likes

I assume by not checking the party checkbox. Of course then you would have to go through the strain of putting a check mark in each race. Cruz isn’t the only lazy person in Texas…

6 Likes

In Michigan we can vote a straight party ticket by ticking one box. Mom and I voted democrat that way for years; the straight party ballot in Michigan was in place for over a century when the Flint-poisoning rethuglicans got rid of it. The democrats reinstated it as soon they had the ability. See, Michigan’s rethugs didn’t like Detroiters and the people from Flint being able to so easily vote for their preferred democratic candidates.

We can make our ballots mixed or split if we prefer. We aren’t forced to vote a straight ticket, FFS.

We always had to pick and tick boxes for the non-partisan sections, like the judiciary, and of course for ballot proposals.

It sure felt fucking great to vote to legalize medical, and then recreational ganja!

Editted fore spelinng

17 Likes

Honestly? I wouldn’t be surprised if it was intentional. Allred’s not hard to find a photo of. They’ve been bagging on Bragg for months, so what are the odds that getting all the media play is more important given that Cruz’s base will just find it funny substituting one black man for another.

4 Likes

Just for the record, in case anyone is curious, Allred is a member of the House New Democrat Coalition, which is the centrist Democratic caucus in the House. That caucus is pro-business, fiscally centrist, and socially liberal-ish. He is most definitely not a progressive or far left. Not that it matters to Cruz, obviously.

19 Likes

The choices are:

• Republican
  • I hate Texas
4 Likes

Not sure if members of the Texas GOP work the same way as they do in Pennsylvania. However, I was stunned to learn decades ago that the local GOP machine would intimidate people into doing just that. Any connection they could make with people’s jobs, government programs/contracts, or police and fire protection, they would name it. They’d show up at homes of people with older teens to encourage parents to teach their kids to vote “the right way.” I’m sure they did the same thing with married couples, because they wanted the entire family voting for them.

When their lock on solid red districts started to slip, they’d search to find out how many votes they lost and where they came from. They could see in the results whether or not every registered Republican voted for their candidates. Then they’d start asking questions until they figured out the weakest links in the chain. All those tactics kept them in control of local and state offices for far too long. The worst thing here aside from the straight party ticket laziness factor is cross-filing, because voters have to figure out which candidates are really members of their party.

8 Likes

More ecerpts from “The Trump Playbook” coming Texans way soon. This delghtful ditty was from the ‘obfuscation’ chapter. /s