Ted Cruz is lazy and a racist

11 Likes

Texan here. They removed such straight party ticket voting a little while ago AFAIK. Afraid it made it easier for people like me to put a single “one and done” check mark next to “Democratic Party” I guess.

5 Likes

Last few? I’ve used that heuristic since I started voting over 30 years ago.

3 Likes

In my area there are too many competing candidates (or cross-filers) to skip that step. We also have elected judges, so I check for bar association feedback as well as general searches for scandals or controversial rulings. School board candidates won’t get my vote if their criminal, tax, and/or business records reveal red flags. Sometimes those things are reported in the local news, but that’s declined a lot in the past 20 years since newspapers are cutting costs and content.

6 Likes

WTAF? How does the opportunity to vote a straight ticket stop you in any way from researching the candidates for office?! Do you think different ballots have information about them other than with which party they are affiliated? You can start researching candidates as soon as they announce they’re running.

4 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.