Ted Cruz on whose law clerk is behind the SCOTUS leak: "It's Sonia Sotomayor"

Actually, he buys what he is told are chocolate-glazed doughnuts; the doughnut shop employees hate him too…

10 Likes

That would explain a lot…

4 Likes

ted is a liar

26 Likes

Hey, people are saying. It must be true and I will repeat it whenever I can.

11 Likes

[Looks at Trump’s appointments]

Really?

27 Likes

What I’ve been reading is that apparently the conservative justices’ clerks have been leaking like crazy for a while, and a number of people who have been paying attention think that’s the case here, too. So Teddy trying to throw blame at Sotomayor has a double function…

15 Likes

Meanwhile other right-wingers are just jumping to the assumption that it’s the Black lady even though she hasn’t actually joined the court yet.

23 Likes

Come on man, that’s NewsMax. It’s like getting your information from the crazy drunk guy in the grocery store parking lot.

20 Likes

This from wiki: Each justice is permitted to have between three and four law clerks per Court term.

Also, a general search indicates that each SCOTUS justice gets to choose their own clerks. I don’t think Alito would send such a contentious and inflammatory first draft to anyone other than the other conservative justices on the Court and his own hand-chosen clerks. If all that’s so, then how could Sotomayor’s clerk(s) get a hold of that first draft?

3 Likes

That’s not an inference you’re making, Ted. An inference requires facts. What you’re doing is making shit up.

I’d have thought a Harvard boy like you would know the difference.

14 Likes

Sheesh. Riiiight. As if people are going to believe what the Zodiac killer and son of JFK’s assassin says.

14 Likes

What a pathetic swine. Canadian lizard people should be embarrassed.

5 Likes

You said you wouldn’t tell…

6 Likes

At least that guy can tell you the weather, so Newsmax is worse.

10 Likes

Ted Cruz blaming it on one of the liberal justices is a tell. If he had any actual reason to believe it he’d have told us, and since he didn’t and based on what we know about his character he’s lying to deflect attention away from whoever did leak it.

If I had to pick a candidate based on their recent actions, I’d go with Clarence Thomas. He’s the guy who voted on a case involving his wife. Clearly leaking an opinion is nothing for an ethically bankrupt judge like Thomas. I have read a rumor that Ginni Thomas leaked it, which would not surprise me although who fucking knows at this point.

(Not that I think leaking the opinion is some horrible crime. It’s not in the Constitution, after all, and the damn Supreme Court could stand for some serious reforms and more transparency in general. If the Supreme Court’s reputation suffers because of this, it’s because of the behavior of its members, including Thomas, Alito and Roberts.)

10 Likes

9 Likes

I couldn’t make it through that whole video. That was one of the dumbest minutes of opining I’ve ever heard in my life. I had to stop it when he said Justice Jackson is the most radical leftist Justice in the history of the Court.

4 Likes

The draft opinion is circulated among all the Justices. Remember, they haven’t locked in their votes yet, so to speak. This gives them a chance to give feedback, whether they agree with it or not, as well as time to prepare their dissents, if they’re going to write one. A draft opinion like this is likely going to be read by every Justice as well as their clerks. Sometimes Justices will also concur in part, and dissent in part, with the majority opinion. Hell, in NFIB v Sebelius (the ACA case), there were two majority opinions, one written by Roberts, one written by Ginsberg, and the others in the majority only concurred in part with each of the majority opinions. There were also two dissents. These controversial cases can get messy. My point, though, is that all of the Justices and their clerks will have access to read the opinions and the dissents before the Court releases them officially. In fact, the majority opinion will often be edited before it’s final to include a response to the dissenting opinions, and vice versa.

12 Likes

I don’t get why these dingleberries are pretending to be upset about the leak. Aren’t they creaming their jeans over their work? They’ve been at this for about 50 years.

2 Likes

He, a sitting United States Senator, is knowingly inviting harassment and quite possibly violence to be directed at a Justice of the Supreme Court of the United States.

Fuck this jizzwitted spoogepotato with a thousand angry bees.

11 Likes