Ted Cruz on whose law clerk is behind the SCOTUS leak: "It's Sonia Sotomayor"

That’s okay to do now, as long as you’re white, male, and a member of the GOP… Thanks Obama!

6 Likes

Many of them didn’t actually care if Roe ever got overturned. In fact, some of them probably wish it wouldn’t have, even though they’ll never admit it. It was the perfect wedge issue.

6 Likes

Worse than a koala getting kicked out of a tree.

2 Likes

Yes. Yes they are. But this is all a very well orchestrated distraction scheme.

Oh, and eww.

3 Likes

True, but even the ones doing the performative stuff for the rubes - don’t they have to at least act like they are praising JEBUS for saving the babies?

The rest of the ghouls that really DO want this are rubbing their hands together and are thinking about where to go next (because if it’s not mentioned in the bible, oops, I mean the Constitution, it’s not a right, amirite?) in their path of destruction of rights, and YET, are still wringing their hands over the leak aspect…it’s bizarre, but I guess they always have to be the victims, no matter what. I remember how so many of them got even angrier after Don’s “win” in 2016. Their reasons for this anger seemed to be that not everyone immediately started bowing and scraping to their orange messiah…

1 Like

Where is the pearl-clutching over this “sanctity” when it comes to all the assholes that LIED to get onto this corrupted court? That’s what I’d like to know. The hard right will fly into hysterics, rend their garments and go on a witch hunt and stoke domestic terrorism like Ted here, all over a leak, but lying is apparently just fine, as long as they are lying for Jebus and the babbies.

If they think what is being done is actually honorable, why do they want all the secrecy?

7 Likes

Thx for the correction! :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

The koala’s reaction makes total sense, unlike the Newsmax garbage

4 Likes

As stated priorly, the Supremes have a RIGHT to privacy, the American citizens do not have that RIGHT, thusly the new shiny fence to protect their precious SANCTITIES.

Thank you for listening to my Papasan talk.

11 Likes

(Okay off topic, but adjacent:)

Say, can anyone show me where it says ‘police’ in the constitution?

4 Likes

Only a partial answer, but something that has stood out to me in all this is how frustrated Republicans seem that their duplicitous schemes to take over the supreme court have captured its power but none of its respect. This decision has not even been finalized and everyone knows it is nothing but corrupt partisanship.

11 Likes

including anyone who has access to their servers. while it’s most likely an inside job, anyone from anonymous to the russian cozy bear hackers could have leaked it. [ give it long enough and the nameless orange one himself will probably claim it was all his idea. ]

4 Likes

It would be hilarious if is actually was as simple as Kavenaugh drunkenly leaving his briefcase at a bar.

15 Likes

also never underestimate drunk texting at 2am. “i was like, woah. wrong number wrong file. whatever. i can always blame sotomayor.” :beers:

2 Likes

that ad is amazing. at the same time, kind of weird that it appropriates what – in certain parts of the country – must be the feeling of driving while black.

if white people are scared of experiencing that at some future point, there are already people who are terrified of experiencing that now.

7 Likes

if white people are scared of experiencing that at some future point, there are already people who are terrified of experiencing that now.

No doubt. But then, black people aren’t the only ones who’ve endured the threat of harrassment from cops. Driving While Black does have a parallel of sorts in Driving While a Woman.

8 Likes

There really wasn’t a police force as we know it in 1787.

just a slave patrol.

4 Likes

If this was from the Conservative side, Im trying to figure out why now? How does this (early bombshell leak, then inevitable ruling) benefit their side more than the bombshell ruling itself?

It seems almost ineluctable that the liberal side leaked it, but: So fucking what? The Conservatives “care about norms”, yet they stole a SCOTUS seat from Obama. (And we’ve basically forgotten let it go as an issue, because we’re so embarrassed by even considering courtpacking.)

As a sidenote: Tradecraft-wise, it would be funny if SCOTUSes started implementing secrecy measures that CIA et al use to trace leaked documents: that is, the distribution of (very slightly) different versions of the text itself, allowing identification in event of a leak.

3 Likes

Ted Cruz’s father is a deep cover mole placed in the US by Castro to undermine the country by getting his Cuban agent son into high level government positions.

9 Likes