Ted Cruz on whose law clerk is behind the SCOTUS leak: "It's Sonia Sotomayor"

There’s several plausible reasons that the Republican Justices or staff leaked it. Roberts could be trying to temper the language - make the potential scope of the ruling less broadly applicable to other rights. A staffer could support abortion rights and is appalled- about half of Republicans support abortion rights.

7 Likes

Interesting points, but Imma go to the mat on this one: with Conservative SCOTUS law clerks, they are without fail the most partisan of partisan. The Conservative clerks are the ones writing the brief that will take down Roe v Wade. Any time you hear of some hyper-rightwing activist lawyer, its almost inevitable that they “clerked for Thomas.”

2 Likes

Unless they have a book deal. Money changes everything.

1 Like

I mean, what other inference can we make from his nickname, Ted “Frozen Turkey Fucker” Cruz?

4 Likes

I dunno. It might be raining, but there are other reasons why that guy might be damp. But it is evidence-based. Newsmax is still worse.

1 Like

Ted “Let’s see how many people I can get killed” Cruz

1 Like

Clarence shows up at political events, his wife was an advisor to Trump and he’s voted to give Trump political cover.

3 Likes

Later that January, the Washington Post revealed that she had also been agitating about Trump’s loss on a private Listserv, Thomas Clerk World, which includes former law clerks of Justice Thomas’s.

Apologia from the (Koch) Washington Free Beacon:

There was a skirmish among Justice Thomas’s sprawling network of ex-clerks after John Eastman, a lawyer who advised Trump on tactics for stopping certification of the results, sent emails to a listserv called Thomas Clerk World casting doubt on the integrity of the election. The exchanges appeared in part in the New Yorker and the Times .

Helgi Walker, who clerked for the justice and practices in the Washington, D.C., offices of Gibson, Dunn & Crutcher, said the exchanges were uncharacteristic for the listserv and that bad feeling hasn’t lingered. Law clerk networks are generally friendly and intimate, but the Thomas clerk network is famously close.

“The Thomas clerk family—and we do refer to it as a family because that’s what it is—is one of the most special and close-knit groups I have ever been a part of,” Walker told the Free Beacon . “It really was a blip, and our group is strong—stronger than ever.”

That would be a sloppy leak. On the other end of speculation would be the Federalist Society. After all, they groomed those justices throughout their careers, vetted their ideology, directed tens of millions in advertising during their confirmations… They own those justices, especially if they have kompromat.

7 Likes

ah yes, because she’s the most liberal, that’s it

Ted Cruz flies on airplanes. I think he has the bodies of more than three dozen flight attendants in his basement. I have no evidence of that, I’m just making an inference.

6 Likes

Until proven otherwise, I will assume the ghost of RBG is behind the leak.

5 Likes

somewhere there is a new york times writer who has all the details, ready for publication right after the midterms

11 Likes

I think the justices that are angry about the leak are more angry that it came out before they were prepared for the massive blowback they’re getting. They wanted to release it at the end of this current session June/July and then go hide in their gated compounds. Now they’re having to deal with the consequences of their lying and idiotic decision when they didn’t want to have to deal with it at all.

13 Likes

I agree with everything you said. And would only add that I find it difficult to see how this leak will cause the conservative Supreme Court justices in particular to suffer any consequences at all.

8 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.