Ted Danson learning to floss

The Good Place is friggen hilarious.

12 Likes

It’s ok. I’m kind of a Jason.

8 Likes

“Not “floss” as in dental care, but as in the dance craze that’s sweeping the nation™.”
Not bad, but nothing really can touch the Lipsi.

2 Likes

old enough to assume it was his teeth first, and thought “yuck!”

4 Likes

The show now gets used in philosophy classrooms.

The only other shows in my lifetime that I can think of as similar as television constructs are The Prisoner and Twin Peaks, which of course are completely different as television shows.

5 Likes

Better late than never.

1 Like

Ah, a consequentialist.

10 Likes

Just finished season 1 (yes, late to the party). The cactus scene had me and my eldest falling off the sofa with laughter (and then rewinding so we could do so again), even though the punchline was obvious a mile out – or maybe because it was obvious a mile out.

7 Likes

I love this show.

27 Likes

Binge-watched the whole series in a week of evenings. Hate TV, but don’t regret a second of it.

10 Likes

Maybe I just haven’t been paying attention, but it seems that for most of my life Ted Danson was just that guy who was in Cheers when I was a kid, and suddenly he’s doing all this stuff ranging from laconic decency with a spine of steel in Fargo to goofy flawed demiurge in The Good Place.

7 Likes

He’s made very funny guest appearances on “Curb Your Enthusiasm” and was also good on “Bored to Death”:

7 Likes

According to my Fourth Step and Higher Power, yup.

“I have no idea what’s going on right now but everyone else is talking and I think I should, too.” -Jason Mendoza, Team Cockroach

(Corrected slight misquote…felt like misquoting I dunno Douglass Adams. Yes, that good.)

8 Likes

And yet Becker was an absolute turd of a show.
Loved him in both shows you mentioned since Cheers , and re-runs of that are still worth a visit now and again.

2 Likes

There is a dance craze that’s sweeping the nation? The last one I recall was the Macarena.

2 Likes

For some reason I got confused and was thinking that it was Tony Danza and came here for all the “Who’s the Floss” jokes.

6 Likes

6 Likes

Major understatement; The Good Place is a freakin’ unicorn when it comes to tv comedies nowadays.

ETA: I had not seen the most recent ep yet, and I just lost my shit when I started watching it, only to realize they have Micheal McKean playing ‘Doug Forcett.’

This show is fucking awesome.

That is all.

11 Likes

If we’re talking about Ted Danson appearances I can’t leave out my favorite…

Little Danson Man

2 Likes

Danson
Dan-son
Dan-son!
He’s a Danson Machine…

2 Likes