Teen boy in Saudi Arabia arrested for “unethical behaviour" after flirty chat with YouTube teen girl star

Speaking of Yemen:

We pick and choose which theocracies we support, and this is one of them, as it’s politically expedient for us to do so.

5 Likes

Are we talking about Florida again?

8 Likes

The British Government is complicit too. What will happen when the rich countries run out of poor countries in which to fight their proxy wars? I’m actually beginning to think, semi seriously, that a Chinese takeover would be better in the long run. Their love affair with steel and reinforced concrete might not be good for climate change, but railways and ports are a heck of a lot better than F35s.

1 Like

On the whole, the Chinese seem less likely to interfere and shape the societies they trade with than the US/GB. However, how much of that is because they aren’t interested in any sort of colonialism or an inability to have such a set of policies because of the American presence literally every where. I think watching what continues to unfold in the South China seas will tell us more about that. They tend to flex their muscles closer to home, right now.

3 Likes

Yes Sir, it is possible and I do it often.

1 Like

Yeah, I know. I was being loose with my terms. Six and one-half dozen of the other though, IMHO.

2 Likes

WTF is that creepiness???

3 Likes

Maybe one of those people who use extreme make-up to look like dolls?

A bit odd, but I figure not really any more bizarre than people who implant horns and spit their tongues. When home-biohacker cosmetics really ramp up, this will probably seem quaint.

5 Likes

I was thinking Halloween must be easy for her.

2 Likes

I’ve seen that, it weren’t for the faint of heart.

1 Like

The skin by the mouth is screaming ‘full facial prosthetics’ to me; like Shawn & Marlon Waynons in White Chicks.

That’s way creepier than most body mods to me, for some reason.

8 Likes

I think it’s because it tickles our suspicions of philosophical zombies. We know dolls aren’t sentient. We 're virtually positive other human beings are (to greater or lesser degrees). But a doll face on an obvious human, combined with our mythologized fears of magic or science bringing inanimate beings to life, pushes our uncanny valley buttons more than an obvious doll or machine.

4 Likes

Oh fuck, now I won’t sleep tonight.

3 Likes

DS9 Changeling cosplay. Quality work, too.

Can’t wait. I love all that freaky shit.

6 Likes

Mayhap you’re right.

Because of the image posted, or my description?

Whut?

6 Likes

I’m torn, possibly both.

3 Likes

To be fair, White Chicks was a surprisingly funny movie.

The image Gully posted squicks me out in a way that the younger Waynans in ‘whiteface’ never did.

3 Likes

Still way less unsettling than what Gully posted, IMO.

And I’m all the way off topic; my bad.

3 Likes

A country should provide him asylum whether he does time or not. I would support providing asylum in the US. I don’t mind which country he chooses to go to. There are few places worse than Saudi Arabia.

I wish there was a way to provide cover for progressive and kind people in Saudi Arabian. I suppose I could learn Arabic.

4 Likes

I think it’s extreme plastic surgery.

Like those people who inject rubber cement into their asses?