Teen "faces assault charge" for throwing baby carrot at teacher

At least it wasn’t a pointed stick!

5 Likes

4 Likes

It’s basically a shiv.

13 Likes

Please tell me that this is Photoshop or a movie still or even that the person in this picture has really tiny hands. Seriously, that thing puts even large cave crickets to shame!

1 Like

Beware of the clock!

19 Likes

via @milliefink in the gif thread

21 Likes

Seems to be legit.

1 Like

Now if someone had thrown the giant weta at her, she might have a cause.

3 Likes

That is an honest-to-peter-jackson weta. Apparently not dangerous, but still huuuge.

1 Like

Hey! You’re not allowed to steal my idea for a pancake house specializing in unique pickle varieties located cozily next to a courthouse. I’ll call it, “A Salt And Battery.”

2 Likes

Oh really? Would you be willing to stick your – never mind, not gonna go there, nope nope nope.

5 Likes

Well then. I’m not sleeping tonight.

2 Likes

Sorry, I know I’m suppose to be outraged, but I’m not. Throwing things at a teacher is assault, and if some of the bullies had been charged with assault when they beat my ass up as a teenager, maybe there wouldn’t have been so many bullies. I think it’s perfectly reasonable.

1 Like

There are not enough jails. If there were, there would not be enough guards. If we automate the guards, we will still need far too many un-jailed for police & judiciary to enact your scenario. It just isn’t possible.

There are many arguments against criminalizing all bad behaviour, but whatever the outcome of those arguments nothing can evade the fact that it just isn’t logistically possible to criminalize all bad behaviour even limiting ourselves to the physical.

I don’t care that you’re not outraged, it’s far more puzzling to me how you find it reasonable when it isn’t even likely. Or how you are willing to criminalize children for behaving in a childish manner. Kinda sad.

9 Likes

I saw bullies when I was a kid too, but they bullied other kids, not teachers. And “assault,” or any other legal charge, for throwing a BABY CARROT? I can’t agree with such charges for such puny infractions because to me, they exemplify today’s heightened criminalization of youth, and the consequent and ridiculous overreaction of hammering them legally.

15 Likes

That a weta from New Zealand. That is not 'shopped; they really do get that large.

1 Like

1.75" baby carrot

Is that a comment on his … ahem … manhood?

1 Like

Good question. It’s a matter of definitions. If you can’t see the nuclear bomb, but your Geiger counter or your sudden hair loss tells you it’s there, is it concealed?

“Salt and Battery” is the name of my emergency road service supplies business.

4 Likes

When I was 18, I worked on a ship during dry dock; my job was to help replace some of the old sewage pipes. 60 hour weeks of 40 degree heat with high humidity (this was in Singapore), confined spaces, open sewage pipes and cockroaches big enough to feed carrots to (not quite as big as that weta, but the body was as big as the palm of your hand). On the positive side, nothing grosses me out any more.

3 Likes