Teenager dies from hickey

Originally published at: http://boingboing.net/2016/08/31/teenager-dies-from-hickey.html

4 Likes

Just a tip: if you search about this case, you will find circular mentions but no real name, no real photo, do real data…

It is not true.

The New Zealand case is true, you can verify it.

8 Likes

I would think that the new zealand woman would have had a clot there already, and the hickey loosened it.
Or at least she was extremely predisposed towards clotting because blood clots do not just spontaneously form because a blood vessel gets crimped for five-ten seconds or so.
And even then, good grief, that’s less neck sucking and more like…
Unnatural hunger.

5 Likes

Well, if you have to go…

7 Likes

Holy shit, I had no idea I was playing with death!

4 Likes

If hickeys are wrong, I don’t wanna be right.

26 Likes

hickeys are amateur hour.

2 Likes

Apart from the dead story above, if true, sorry for the family.
I have no idea what is the thing with hickey’s. Hate them, don’t dislike some passionate thingies. (insert nudge nudge, wing wing here). But hickey’s, always seen them as some ‘she/he belongs to me, look, marks’ primitive teenage not wanted thing.
So, lovers, please explain. :wink:

13 Likes

Yeah, I don’t get those. Tried 'em out in the mid-80s, didn’t understand the allure. At least once, my sister got one from her boyfriend and tried to explain it away to our mom by saying she burned her neck with the curling iron.

14 Likes

Exactly, and now I nearly want to ask for a count of the giving and receiving part.

3 Likes

If he’s 17 and she’s 24 I’m calling her a _lady_friend. AMIRITE?!?

4 Likes

Hickey is a great name for these bruises; it sounds slightly dumb and is occasionally dangerous, just like real hicks.

2 Likes

As Opus says, “hickeys and bananas, that’s the secret?”

3 Likes

Holy crap! If this is true, does this mean that the welts caused by ‘cupping’ could also cause a stroke? I’ve heard the welts are basically giant hickeys…

3 Likes

17, okay, but what 44 year old is giving or getting hickeys? Was she also making cocktails out of a little bit of every bottle in her parents’ liquor cabinet? Did she claim to be going to a slumber party at Stacy’s house?

8 Likes

You just had to go and ruin the internet!

1 Like

Don’t like them and don’t aim to give or get them, but they’re caused by suction, and if you are getting into kissing the neck, they can happen without trying for them. Especially if the person you’re with already tends to bruise easily.

At least, that’s um… what people tell me…

4 Likes

so you’re a goer hey? i’ll bet you do!

say no more.

but are you a sport? he asked him knowingly…

6 Likes

See?

Sexy-times kill.

2 Likes

Um,

Yes.

1 Like