Watch: Man strangles girl at park because she and teen friends are not social distancing

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2020/04/08/watch-man-strangles-girl-at-p.html

6 Likes

What. The. Fuck.

35 Likes

Felony assault including direct physical contact is definitely the best way to address failure to socially distance during a pandemic. That’ll show em!

60 Likes

Jesus Christ, dude, you lost the fucking plot.

39 Likes

He was quick to jump on a young female and strangle her. Out of all his options, that was a weird/kinky move. I would be checking his crawlspaces/browsing history.

27 Likes

more like hypocritic oath, amirit

19 Likes

Weird how he pushed past all the white girls in the group to get at and strangle the one black girl in the group. I’m sure that was a random coincidence.

71 Likes

Squirt guns are usually sufficient with cats, I wonder how well they would work with teenagers?

4 Likes

I half-wonder if random incidents like this form the precursor pattern of the end of times.

Like - if I was writing a novel about the end of civilization - I would build it around a growing number of irrational events slowly culminating in some extinction event. And - if some AI or group of young scientists were prescient enough to understand what was happening, plan some creative intervention and save humanity from itself.

6 Likes

Ubiquitous cameras are the scourge of previously “I didn’t do it” folks.

22 Likes

I kinda get his anger, because to him it seems as if their selfishness is what spreads to those more vulnerable. They may feel invincible, but that just makes them carriers who can then spread it inside their families, and to their parents and grandparents. I guess he just snapped at the feeling of impotence in the face of such blithe selfishness.

EDIT: I don’t condone it, but understanding is not condoning.

13 Likes

That is strangely specific, isn’t it? “You are charged with 2 counts of face punching and One count of nose bashing”

But yeah what an asshole.

12 Likes

You took the words out of my mouth. Now, the irony for him is that he’s going to go to a place where effective social distancing is being misreported at best.

5 Likes

As much as we need physicians, the Kentucky Board of Medical Licensure should revoke his license to practice. Whether that’s his personality or stress, no patient should have to risk having him as their doctor, and I especially wouldn’t trust him to have anything to do with anesthesia.

23 Likes

The end of the video is kind of quick but does he happen to single out the one teen of color?

8 Likes

It appears that both he and the woman with him singled her out for physical assault.

12 Likes

I feel like, although shaming people can influence behavior, a lot of people are overreacting to this type of thing. This is just a few kids interacting with each other. What if they all live in the same flat together, then congregating in this small group in an otherwise empty area is harming exactly no one. Same goes for somone jogging in a parrk or even sitting on a beach blanket with teheir roommate or partner in a park as long as no one else is within coughing distance. The guidence and rules are good, but put this stuff in perspective for crying out loud.

23 Likes

Should be charged as a hate crime as well.

16 Likes

I’m trying to understand why nobody kicked him in the head as hard as they could.

8 Likes

Well, maybe…

I mean, unless he has a record of other violent crimes, he’ll be bailed out within 24 hours of being taken into custody.

If he’s convicted, his sentence will likely be some combination of community service, anger management counseling, and probation.

Yeah, I’m a bit cynical about this :rage:

4 Likes