Teens think Vice is almost as cool as People Magazine

Don’t forget how cool your parents’ home security cameras are!

3 Likes

IANAT* but something smells faintly like bullshit in this poll.

• (I am not a teen)
4 Likes

Rob was trying way too hard to make the headline cool. A direct, unsnarky headline would be, like, so squaresville.

5 Likes

Can I put him in a box with a radioactive source and a vial of poison?

6 Likes

Actually my headline was praised!1

1. on Twitter

10 Likes

7 Likes

From that 2013 NYT story: “At Vice stores the merchandise is a mix of high fashion and kitsch, including $1,000 Evisu men’s suits and women’s underpants with ‘‘I Don’t Have AIDS . . . Yet’’ in blue script on the front.”

It’s always been cool to the sort of people who find Terry Richardson cool. The revelation is not how few of them there are, so much as their nature: people who find the performance of coolness cool in its own right, or who simply can’t tell the difference.

8 Likes

Now you know you’ve made it.

7 Likes

The fringe really puts it over the top into coolville!

5 Likes

Liked, for the edit.

3 Likes

Refinement is the soul of storytelling.1

1. But meta is its arsehole.

6 Likes

I’m pretty sure you embellished, rather than refined.1

1. And pedants are not assholes.

3 Likes

I know, right?

2 Likes

Decent quality, decent price, perennial styles. What’s not to love?

2 Likes

So if Vice is uncool, what’s their opinion on a report entitled “It’s Lit: a guide to what teens think is cool” written in a ham-fisted attempt at teenspeak?

3 Likes

A.k.a., creepy as “cool”.

Vice:

24 Likes

They can be if they want to be.

5 Likes

Yeah it always struck me that Vice was an old persons idea of what young people would think was cool. Boomer era semi-political agitation and drug fetishism wrapped in the late 90’s early 00’s scum bag aesthetic of moneyed urban cliques. I always wrapped them into the same category as Terry Richardson and American Apparel.

10 Likes

Well, technically

1 Like