Televangelist explains why his private jet is "biblical"

No, I’m pretty sure he’d treat this man as abomination, break out the whip he used on the money changers, then proceed to break his holy foot off inside the guys asshole after he kicks it wide open smiting him

7 Likes

Someone on Twitter commented that he “looks like a Labyrinth-era rejected Henson design.”

So… How did this guy end up with more money than similar preachers? Was his pitch unusually convincing? Did he find some ideal balance between reaching large numbers of people and reaching people in particular willing to give more than usual? Was it all a matter of prudent investment? Or was it just luck?

(Of course the WaPo article is paywalled.)

4 Likes

If he doesn’t literally eat people, he certainly looks like a fucking titan…

9 Likes

Holy @&%$ that is the most evil creepy smile I’ve ever seen

This is not a preacher- this is what coniving demons look like

7 Likes

She should have asked his opinion of Matthew 19:23-24:

23 Then Jesus said to His disciples, “Truly I tell you, it is hard for a rich man to enter the kingdom of heaven. 24 Again I tell you, it is easier for a camel to pass through the eye of a needle than for a rich man to enter the kingdom of God.” 25 When the disciples heard this they were greatly astonished and asked, “Who then can be saved?”…

1 Like

This is what a Preacher looks like…
SX466

Still wouldn’t give him any money, he’d only waste it on booze and fags.

9 Likes

And hair gel!

4 Likes

Private jets, AKA, “God’s blind spot”

3 Likes

Well, he is a televangelist. If ever there was a category of people that could be called “conniving demons,” it’s them.

My grandmother gave a whole lot of money to these kinds of guys, so I got to see the kind of evil she was supporting. Not content to just bilk the poor and elderly out of their money for their own avaricious benefit, they also use those funds to fund further evil ventures - nasty political advocacy, Pat Robertson’s buying private jets that he used to transport blood diamonds, supporting warlords and dictators who were “anti-communist,” etc. And that was just what they did openly.

8 Likes

I’d be down with him stopping 65% of what he’s doing. Can we pick which 65%?

I’m surprisingly gobsmacked by that response. Even setting aside the antisemitism of such a statement, what the fuck does that have to do with what HE does? Is he Jewish? Then how is his behavior in any way supported by how another group does or doesn’t behave?

Televangelists really need to be sent closer to God asap. They can all take his jet.

I would bet that he – and all the other televangelists like him – doesn’t believe in either God or Heaven, so he’s dedicating his life to make his own heaven here on earth from the blood and suffering of anyone he can con into believing him.

That is the face of utter insincerity and contempt. The rictus smile never reaches the dead eyes. Or maybe it’s botox? I’ve seen the same face on car salesmen.

7 Likes

com-resize

5 Likes

I don’t believe in “evil,” but if I did…

4 Likes

I believe in evil, but as an internal force, not an external one. There’s no devil making anyone do anything, except the ones they manufacture inside themselves.

My personal philosophy is if you do something to knowingly hurt others, you are being evil.

If you can rationalize the evil you are doing in a way that diminishes someone else’s right to a good life or even their existence, then your are essentially irredeemably evil.

If people like this guy would keep their fleecing targeted at the rich, I would find them less offensive. Not because the rich deserve it, but because the they can afford it. Instead they aim for everyone, and the poor – the ones who can least afford it – are easy marks because they are desperate for something to help them out of poverty. These con artists sell false hope, and first and foremost seek to improve their own situation. If they had honest mottos I would expect it to be along the lines of, “me first, you maybe.”

I also feel that any good they may accomplish on the way is either accidental or a distraction that nets them far more than it costs them.

4 Likes

He’s just taking one for the team, making it easier for his followers to get into heaven by graciously allowing them to give HIM all their wealth.

1 Like

Of course, you can’t get a rope through the eye of a needle, so the meaning of the parable doesn’t change.

4 Likes

So there really are snakes on a plane. They just prefer to have their own.

6 Likes

The Greek version precedes the Syriac version, so Lamsa’s claim makes no sense. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lamsa_Bible#Matthew_19:24

2 Likes

“Snake Owns A Plane.”

17 Likes

Geeze, guys, he’s just trying to avoid the prohibitions of Matthew 6:1

“Be careful not to practice your righteousness in front of others to be seen by them. If you do, you will have no reward from your Father in heaven."

How can you avoid that in coach?

7 Likes

From the looks of it, pomade or better. Hair gel thick enough to pull that off would be the consistency of tub sealant :joy:

3 Likes