Tell me you are going to die of polonium poisoning without telling me you'll die of polonium poisoning

Originally published at: Tell me you are going to die of polonium poisoning without telling me you'll die of polonium poisoning | Boing Boing

6 Likes

I think this headline came from one of your comments on another post a few days back.

11 Likes

Tea, anyone?

9 Likes

I’m certainly not getting out the posh biscuits for them.

11 Likes

Will no one think of the 1%. /s

12 Likes

I won’t even make a joke about Waste Management.

I don’t know if those people are brave or not too bright. I think the problem is, sooner or later a very innocent person is going to be harmed because someone thinks they are Russian or associated with Russia.

5 Likes

Who will arrive first to protect the interests of the oligarchs? Their own thugs-for-hire or the ones provided by a UK law enforcement agency and sent at the behest if the Tories? Not that it matters much, I suppose.

13 Likes

The Met sent the riot squad to the house within minutes of the occupation starting.

It may surprise you, but this isn’t actually routine in the case of squatting. For lesser people, squatting usually results in months of civil court proceedings and no sign of the police.

24 Likes

Same thing, innit?

10 Likes

At least Polonium can be detected with a Geiger counter, Novichoc, on the other hand…

5 Likes

The thing to do is to break in and steal stuff, then set up a fake account with your worst enemy’s name (assuming you have an arch nemesis) showing the looted goods. Then dispose of goods (in no way try to sell etc… them). Boom! Two birds with one polonium!

7 Likes

I’ve idly wondered how Adverse Possession could come into play in different areas, based on how bold people want to be with things like this.

3 Likes

Adverse possession doesn’t apply if you know you are stealing the land. It’s supposed to be accidental and where you don’t have obvious signs of ownership. Like a name on a mailbox.

3 Likes

…or finger

Obviously the activists didn’t know the magic words that squatters and SovCits know, something like “If you arrest us, there will be a lot of paperwork.” That usually repels them. /s

4 Likes

Well, if we let them get away with it when it’s Russian oligarchs, it’s a slippery slope to them doing it to our own, home-grown bastard’s mansions. Now that simply isn’t cricket.

2 Likes

This is absolutely not correct.

Knowing the land belongs to someone else is pretty much one of the core requirements.

1 Like

If you know who the land belongs to and its intended use, its theft, not adverse possession. The whole point of adverse possession is to grant land that isn’t being used. A reward for preventing it from going to waste.

2 Likes

“No custard creams for the likes of you!”

2 Likes

Why didn’t they burn the buildings to the ground?

1 Like